Chapter 22: Where are they?

Eunmi’s Point of View

We were running around the flower garden, chasing each other as we laughed to our heart’s content. We grew tired with every step but, it did not matter because it was too much fun we were having.

“You’re quite fast!” I heard him yell behind me.

I only giggled at what he said and carried on, the thought of stopping did not even occur in mind. I only looked at the path in front of me, where to turn or when to turn was what I thought about.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist and I knew immediately that he had caught up with me. His heavy panting was audible when he rested his chin on my shoulder. Slowly, with arms still surrounding my mid-section, he turned me around to face him.

“Got you,” he smiled angelically.

I had not turned around until now to actually know who was chasing me. All this time I would have thought it to be D.O but, it was not him and instead it was someone I did not expect.

“Kai?”

-

I woke up to the sound of consistent knocking on my door. Groaning in irritation, I stomped my way over to yell at whoever was disturbing me half an hour before my actual awakening. It was so annoying! I grabbed the knob and quickly opened the door, yelling at the person.

“What do you want?!” I shouted.

“Uh…”

When my focus was on one hundred per cent, I realised who the person was; the same person who I was previously dreaming about. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why Kai would have possibly been at my house.

“Sorry, did I wake you? I would’ve thought you’d been awake by now,” he said.

“No, no. It’s fine,” I told him.

To be honest, I was feeling a bit awkward. I was not having any romantic feelings towards him and having the dream just made things awkward for me. I could not blame him, of course, because he did not know a thing but, it was weird how that dream just randomly happened.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Oh, hyung called me. He said to take you to school after breakfast because he was called by his father,” Kai explained.

“He called you instead of Baekhyun?”

I saw the sudden change of expression in his face after I said this. Great! What was I even thinking? It must have upset him, for sure. My mouth opened to apologise to him but, there were no words that came out. It was like I was mute.

“Did you want Baekhyun-hyung? I can call him if you want, if you don’t want me,” he said.

I felt worse when he replied. He sounded so sad and upset, and to think it was only because of what I said made me feel like a bad person. I stepped forward to shorten the distance between us by a bit and laughed awkwardly.

“I didn’t mean it like that,” I began. “It’s just that D.O’s closer to Baekhyun, you know?”

“Ahh, I get it. It’s okay, I’m not mad at you,” he said, smiling.

“You’re not?”

“I don’t like getting mad at people because then I would have to hold grudges. Have you seen The Grudge?” Kai asks, shuddering. “I don’t want to end up looking like that.”

I was looking at him for a while, before I burst out in laughter. He was so cute when he talked, like a little kid that I wanted to pinch the cheeks of. I punched his shoulder lightly and shut the door behind me, before heading to the kitchen.