Chapter 47: Back where it started

Third person Point of View

"Sir, you're not going to go after him?" Jokwon asked his boss, after Bomi had left as well.

"I learned something, Jokwon," Mr Do said.

"And what would that be, sir?"

"Love is indestructible. No matter how many times one tries to destroy a relationship, the two hearts will always find their way to stay together."

"I'm taking that you're going to let your son be with Eunmi," Jokwon said.

"Exactly. I'm not going to stand here and keep them apart when fate has already decided itself. I once loved and I know what it's like to be apart from the one you most care about. I'm not letting that happen to Kyungsoo."

"That's good, sir," Jokwon smiled.

"Yes, yes. Now go, before I let you go as well today," Mr Do chuckled.

"Yes, sir," Jokwon said, and then exiting the office.

-

"To: Eunmi

Eunmi, where are you right now? :D"

Eunmi's phone vibrated in the pocket of her jeans and she took out the device to check, only to find D.O had sent her a message. Much to her confusion of his sudden changes of mood, she sighed and unlocked her screen to reply. She tapped her thumb on the phone case as she contemplated on what to say. Should she tell him or not? After a few minutes, she began to type.

"To: Kyungsoo

I'm at the sandwich shop near SM. You know which one I'm talking about."

"To: Eunmi

Okay. Stay there."

"To: Kyungsoo

Why? I'm leaving soon"

"To: Eunmi

Just stay there please."

"To: Kyungsoo

Fine :/"

Eunmi waited and stayed sitting on the seat she was on as D.O had requested of her. She looked down at her wrist watch and began timing, if he wasn't there in ten minutes, she would have left and just texted him she had done so.

Sipping on her mango juice, she tapped rhythms on the table as she stared at the entrance. Looking back at her watch, six minutes had gone by. Four minutes more. Eunmi wondered why he had wanted her to stay there. What could possibly be the reason? She knew one thing, though, that she would leave immediately once he finished saying what he wanted to say. She could not bear stay with him longer than necessary, it just hurt and confused her.

Once ten minutes passed, Eunmi stood up, pushed her chair in and started making her way to the door. When she looked up from putting her wallet back into her bag, she was met with a panting D.O. He rested on his knees and his breath was fast, beads of sweat on his forehead.

"Sorry, just give me a couple seconds to regain my breath," D.O huffed.

"You must have something really important to tell me since you ran," she said, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes," he breathed out.

Eunmi gave him two minutes and it was more than enough to him. When D.O was back to normal and he was breathing normally again, he swallowed the saliva forming on his glands, mostly to try and get rid of the dryness of his throat. He licked his lips to rid them chapped and heaved a deep sigh.