Chapter 32: Oh, father

Third person Point of view

"Any updates on the two?"

"No, sir. I have not found out anything yet, but I will let you know as soon as I do," Jokwon replied.

"Well, find out something quick! It's been weeks!" Mr Do shouted, startling his secretary.

"Yes, sir," Jokwon bowed, before exiting the room.

Mr Do watched in irritation as Jokwon left his office, a long and deep sigh escaping his lips. He clenched his jaw, before standing up from his chair and walking over to look out the glass window. Mr Do has felt uneasy since the day he found out that D.O and Eunmi were meeting each other again, even after the group's comeback. He has spent restless nights in fear of what might happen between the two, or if ever Eunmi's mother would find out who D.O's father is. He could not just stay put. He was a man who needed things done.

A knock then emitted from his door and he turned around to find who the visitor was, only to discover that it was once again his secretary. Mr Do's attention switched from Jokwon's face to the envelope that he held in his hands, furrowing his eyebrows as he motioned for him to enter. Jokwon carefully gave the envelope to his boss and Mr Do immediately snatched it off him, opening the content inside. His eyes scanned the words that were on the page and upon getting to the end, anger built inside him and he crumpled the paper, before throwing it across the room.

"How did you not know this when you informed me they were still seeing each other weeks ago?!" Mr Do yelled.

"I-I was not aware, sir," Jokwon replied, feeling scared.

"Not good enough," Mr Do said. "They've been meeting every weekend and now the P.I suspects that there is something more going on between them!"

"It might not be true, sir," Jokwon tried to reason.

"Truth or not, I want them separated! I don't want to see another report like this, Jokwon, because the next time you don't do your job well you will receive the same fate as Sanghyun... let go and forgotten!"

Jokwon remained silent and said nothing further. He bowed to Mr Do and walked out of the office in nervousness and agitation. Things certainly were not looking good for him and he would quit his job if only he could, but unfortunately he could not. If he quit, he would be afraid that he might not find jobs that are as high-positioned or gave excellent payments. So, Jokwon told himself not to screw up the next time and follow up with an extra eye on Eunmi and D.O.

-

The cheers of the fans could be heard from backstage and EXO could not help but smile in hearing their names being chanted. Manager Hyung, Hye Jin and Eunmi were all helping with last minute preparations for the boys and, of course, D.O was being assisted by his girlfriend. He watched contently as Eunmi fixed his collar and then his microphone that was taped on his cheek. D.O found it utterly cute how she would stick out her tongue once in a while in concentration without even realising.

"I wish you could come to every of our performances," he told her.

"Just too bad that I need education and have to go to school," Eunmi joked, causing D.O to chuckle.

"You're used to being around idols now."

"Are you kidding me? I still fan-girl whenever I see other groups apart from you guys," she laughed, and then tapping him as she finished.

"You mean apart from us and Jungkook?" D.O clarified, and Eunmi quickly looked at him with a serious expression. "What? It's true, though."

"He just wants to be friends, okay? Weird that he wants to befriend a fan, but still, nothing more than that because I'm taken now," she told him, trying to suppress her smile when she said those last words.