Chapter 55: Window shenanigan

Third person Point of View

"Is Eunmi okay now?" Baekhyun asked D.O once he was back in the tour.

"Yeah, but the doctor gave her another two weeks to recover at home," D.O replied.

"Good thing it wasn't fatal," Baekhyun sighed in relief, "but she really pretended she had amnesia for a few minutes?"

It was evident that the mood has lifted a little by the way he tried to suppress his chuckle. D.O raised an eyebrow at his friend and rolled his eyes.

"It's not funny, man," D.O said.

"You gotta admit, though, it sounds so cliché," he chortled.

"Like in dramas," D.O added, expression serious despite his friend's attempt to lighten the mood.

"Or fanfics," Baekhyun laughed awkwardly.

"But hey, are you okay?" D.O asked, his expression turning concerned.

"What do you mean?"

"Everything."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I mean, she really likes you, you know? I don't think anyone can replace you, even me."

"I'm sorry I got mad before. I was just frustrated, I guess," D.O shrugged his shoulders.

"It's all good. I understand," Baekhyun smiled.

"Thanks, Baek."

"No problem, what are friends for."

Just as D.O was about to say something in return, the rest of the members began entering the dressing room. Chattering could be heard between the members as they conversed with each other, mostly about how amazing the concert was.

Kai and Sehun sat down on one of the couches and started to scroll through their social media feeds. At first, there were the boring old news about other idols, but one article caught both of their eyes.

"Look at this," Sehun quietly said to Kai as he showed him his phone screen.

"Yeah," Kai spoke, showing the same article on his screen to Sehun.

"How the heck did they know?" Sehun furrowed his brows.

"I don't know, but let's tell the others," Kai answered, and then looking up to the other guys. "Hyungs, check this out."

Right then, everyone was beginning to crowd around the two maknaes. The rest of the members' eyes widened, all except for one, as they all stared at the title: EXO's D.O Help Potential Girlfriend, Jung Eunmi, At Hospital. The very guy mentioned in the title itself balled his hands into fists as anger started to build up. Who in the world would have known about it? He, Eunmi and Sooyeon were very careful not making it out into the public.

"I thought no one else knew," Tao stated.

"Someone obviously was watching the three of you," Luhan added.

"What are you gonna do about this, D.O? You can't fly back again. The fans' suspicions will definitely get confirmed," Kris said.

"But I have to," D.O began, "I need to find out who did this."

"You're one of the main vocalists, Kyung. You can't just leave in the middle of a tour again," Baekhyun said.

"I'll go," Sehun blurted.

"What? No," D.O told him,"you're one of the dancers. You can't leave."

"Unlike vocalists, being a dancer doesn't really compare, you know? We'll need vocalists more than dancers. Besides, Kai, Xiumin-hyung, Luhan-hyung and Lay-hyung will be here," Sehun replied.