Chapter 36: Let's go downhill

Thank you for the artwork cover @LaneyElizabeth ^_^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person Point of View

If you love something, let it go.

That was what D.O was determined to do to keep Eunmi innocent from the horrible lies he had knowledge of. Him being in pain was tough enough, but bearing to see her in just as much was something he wasn't willing to see. D.O would do anything to keep her from knowing, for him, at least one of them should live life happy. He would do anything, even if it meant leaving her.

D.O didn't let Mr Do speak any more because he stormed out the office the moment he was done ranting. He was filled with rage and fury and hurt and pain and every other emotion that it confused him to the bones. He took a taxi back to the dorm, thoughts filled with nothing but of what just happened. He still couldn't believe that Eunmi was his sister, half sister, but nonetheless they were related by blood because of Mr Do.

So, in order to avoid anyone else getting hurt, D.O has decided... He was going to break up with Eunmi.

When he got back to EXO's dorm, he got his key out and opened the door. As soon as he walked into the living room, he couldn't move from his spot because he was frozen. Eunmi sat there with the others, talking to them from what looked like a catch up session of the missed five weeks.

"What..."

Everyone turned to look at D.O and the rest of the EXO member's faces turned pale in seeing him. They didn't think he would be back so soon and since they had been caught for letting Eunmi in the dorm, they were scared to their wits. Baekhyun stood up and slowly walked towards his best friend, hoping that he could explain what she was doing there.

"Kyung, you're back early," he laughed awkwardly.

"So?"

"You must be wondering why Eunmi's here," he got to the point.

"Yeah, mind explaining?" D.O asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Baekhyun couldn't answer because Eunmi had walked up to the two and she turned D.O to face her. He only stared at her with no expression, masking the pain that he was really hiding inside. She didn't know what was wrong, but as she looked into his chocolate brown orbs, she felt as if it was only the first time they were encountering each other. There was a distant feeling and somehow her heart sunk to her stomach.

"I didn't think you needed to wonder why your girlfriend would be in your dorm," Eunmi told him sarcastically, but with seriousness.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't informed you," D.O began. "We're over and this dorm," he said, gesturing at the place. "Is not where my ex-girlfriends are welcome."

There was a pang of tightness that occurred in Eunmi's heart. We're over. Ex-girlfriend. She wished she was dreaming, but after pinching herself, she was sure she was not. It was all real and it hurt like bullet hitting the brain. But, what struck her more was why he was suddenly ending their relationship. One minute they were fine and the next they were in a roller coaster that only seemed to go down.

"W-Why?" Eunmi asked, trying to hold in the urge to cry.

"Realised you just weren't for me. I mean, c'mon, a fan and an idol together? How funny is that?" D.O pretended to laugh at the idea.

Meanwhile, EXO's faces were all agape at what just happened. Everything was for sure also confusing to them, but they were sure about one thing; the old D.O was back. D.O walked passed Eunmi to his room, bumping her shoulder as he did so. When he was out of sight, Eunmi broke down crying. She collapsed to the floor and buried her teary face in her palms. Baekhyun quickly knelt down next to her and took her in an embrace, leaning her head on his chest.