Chapter 19: Attack of something

Third Person’s Point of View

D.O did not know what to do next. He has never apologised before, well, not to a fan, he has not. Especially a fan that he had feelings for. He did not mean for his feelings to take over him but, sometimes it was hard to control. Jealousy was new to him. A deep sigh escaped D.O’s lips as he slowly exited his bedroom, making his way over to Eunmi’s. His heart pounded in nervousness with every step; he did not even know how to begin his apology.

Bringing up his hand in front of the door, he knocked three times. No response. His eyes shifted to the ground and knocked once again but, still, there came no response. D.O was about to walk back to his room when he heard the door open. Quickly, he turned around and saw Eunmi leaning by the door frame, observing him.

“What?” she asked coldly.

“Eunmi, I… How do I begin…”

D.O could not find the words to say. He looked down and searched for any sincere words to say to her but, nothing came to mind. He felt as if something was tightening around his neck and sweat began to build up on his forehead.

“You’re sorry?” she asked. He looked up at her, welcomed by her blank expression, and with shame, he nodded. D.O did not feel like a man who should have committed to his wrongdoings, instead he felt like a little child who was being admonished. He did not like that feeling but, with Eunmi, new feelings were discovered; good or bad.

“Well, save it for someone who cares,” Eunmi retorted.

D.O could not believe it. Eunmi returned his words to him and to be completely honest, it broke his heart. He now realised how hurtful those words were. He was afraid that she might have no longer liked him. He was afraid that she would stop loving him, just like the others did. He was afraid. D.O’s head span and he felt lightheaded as he turned around to make his way back to his room. A loud banging noise was heard when he fell, hitting the wall hard, before sliding down to the ground.

Immediately, Eunmi opened her bedroom door and saw him lying there. She ran up to him and sat beside D.O, placing his head onto her lap. She started to panic in hysteria, not knowing what to do.

“Yah! Do Kyungsoo!” she yelled, tapping his face in an attempt to wake him up.

Her breathing began to get heavy and so, she did the first thing that she could think of at that time. Quickly leaving D.O for a short while, Eunmi went to her room and grabbed her phone, and then returning to him. She dialled the first person she could… Baekhyun.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Baekhyun… I know you just left but… D-D.O… He—”

“Eunmi, just take a breath, okay? Now, tell me. What happened?” he instructed. Eunmi did as she was told and calmed down by inhaling, then exhaling.

“D.O just collapsed, I think he fainted,” she said.

“Alright, I’ll be there soon. Just stay with him, okay? I know how to handle this.”

Baekhyun hanged up the phone, leaving the line dead. Eunmi set aside the hair off D.O’s sweaty forehead and placed her hand on his cheek. She was not sure of the reason why but, tears brimmed in her eyes and she could feel a heavy feeling in her chest. She could not really stay mad at him for a long time, she loved him too much, even before she met him personally.

It took Baekhyun five minutes to get there. When he went inside, he immediately went to his friend and bent down next to him. Eunmi watched as he listened to D.O’s breathing, before abruptly slapping D.O’s face.