Chapter 18: Jealousy and its works

Eunmi’s Point of View

It was so weird. How was I going to be in danger when Hye Jin was danger enough? Anyway, I dwelled no further on that thought as I happily lay down on my bed. What a long day it had been.

I rolled around in my blanket and giggled to myself, missing the soft fabric that had kept me warm all year. I could not believe that I could be so happy just lying down in bed. I lay down on my back and stared at the white ceiling above me, thinking how in the world I ever got to meet Kyungie. It all seemed unreal. When Uncle said he worked as a manager for one of the Kpop groups, I did not really think it would be EXO K. I mean, come on, EXO K!

What a lucky man, he was.

Sitting up on my bed, I reached for the remote that was on the bedside table and turned on the stereo. It blasted Growl in a loud volume, and I began to hop off the bed to jump around with the music.

“EUREURONG, EUREURONG, EUREURONG DAE!” I sang with the song.

I was full on dancing that I did not even realise my bedroom door was open. When I turned towards the door’s direction, I saw Baekhyun leaning by the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, and an amused grin spread over his lips. I quickly stopped and grabbed the remote, turning off the stereo.

That was so embarrassing.

“Uh… What are you doing here?” I asked him as calmly as I could, hiding my obvious crimson face.

“Nothing, I just wanted to stop by and hang around with you… and D.O, of course,” Baekhyun replies.

“Aren’t you busy with practice?” I asked.

“We’re actually kind of in hiatus right now,” he answered.

I furrowed my eyes in curiosity. Was that why D.O was staying at our house? My look must have sent Baekhyun a telepathic message because he began to walk towards my bed and sat on it, patting the empty space beside him, motioning for me to sit down next to him. I did as I was told.

“D.O’s father’s company is kind of going downhill at the moment,” he began. “So, D.O had to stay here in the meantime and our group is taking a break from activities.”

“But, don’t you, guys, live in a dorm?”

“Yeah, but the thing is, our family partly pays the bills for our dorm and since D.O’s father is managing the company, there’s no money yet for them to pay for the dorm.”

“Celebrity life is so complicated,” I chuckled.

“Yeah, tell me about it,” Baekhyun laughed.

It was an awkward silence that wrapped us after that and not one of us attempted to break its consistency. The unusual thing was that I did not really mind the silence between us; it was the comforting kind of silence unlike the silence with D.O, which was literally awkward.

I let out a sigh and turned my head to face Baekhyun, but I found that he was already looking at me. His facial expression showed blankness, yet his eyes were speaking all kinds of it, as if words did not even matter. Then, slowly, he began leaning towards me. My heartbeat quickened and my ability to diverge his action seemed to inactivate.

Due to my lack of movement, I just shut my eyes closed. I could sense Baekhyun nearing with every second and I waited for him to just do whatever he wanted to do, to get it over and done with. And then…

“So you two want to go for a second time,” a too familiar voice spoke.

My eyes quickly opened and I turned my head towards the direction of the door. D.O stood there with a raised eyebrow and a judgemental glare. I shuffled to the ground as the first thing I did was to stand up and walk to him.