Chapter 11: What a feeling

Eunmi’s Point of View

I walked in school the following morning and was welcomed by piercing glares. I had an uneasy feeling and felt like someone would pounce on me any minute. At the end of the hallway, I noticed that a crowd was hovering around the bulletin board so I came over to check it out. Heads turned as I approached the area, but slowly they backed away to make room for me.

I stared at the board, eyes widened and jaw dropped. How could this have happened? When was it taken?

In front of me was a photo of me and D.O at my grandmother’s house in the countryside, it appeared as if he were kissing… my head? But that couldn’t be possible, the guy hated my guts! It was taken the night that I was outside and stargazing. I looked at my surrounding, and yes, everyone was still staring at me.

D.O and the rest of EXO-K stood beside me now; they were all looking at the photo, too. Baekhyun shot an electric gaze at D.O, which I had no clue why did. Then, Kai unexpectedly grabbed my wrist. He was about to pull me away, but D.O caught my other wrist, and the scene looked as if they were playing Tug of War.

“Uh, guys… my arm,” I winced.

D.O looked at me before switching his attention to his hand which held my wrist. Slowly, he released me and allowing for Kai to take me.

 -

I was taken inside the janitor’s closet, Kai shutting the door behind him.

“Um, Kai?” I said.

“Shh,” he pressed his finger to my lips, looking around as if he wanted to make sure that no one was listening.

“I need to tell you something,” he said.

I took his finger from my lips and stepped back to create distance. It was awfully small in there. I lifted my head up to meet Kai’s gaze, they were of concern and fear mixed together. What was he concerned about? More of, what was he scared of?

“You didn’t think of anywhere better to tell me than in the janitor’s closet?” I asked, motioning my hands at our surrounding.

“Sorry,” he shrugged.

“We’re here, so just spill it.” I told him, crossing my arms.

“Promise me you’re not going to tell D.O-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung?”

“Fine, sure, whatever,” I waved my hand about nonchalantly.

“Eunmi, I’m serious. You have to promise, okay?”

“Okay, okay. I promise, now what is it?” I asked, almost too rudely.

“D.O and Baekhyun might have, um, feelings for you,” he said.

I just looked at him bewildered. Did I even hear him correctly? A deep sigh escaped my lips as I began to open the door, not wanting to hear any more of what he had to say. He put his hand over mine, preventing me from going outside.

“Kai, let me out,” I said.

“Not unless you tell me what you’re thinking because you obviously look… shocked.”

I turned to him, coldly meeting his stare.

“I just need to absorb what you just said, so let go and let me out,” I commanded through gritted teeth.

Kai stepped aside as he made way for me. I swear I could have felt my eyes tearing up, and I had no idea why. My emotions were getting the best of me at the moment that I didn’t even realise that D.O was standing in front of me.