Chapter 63: Cake Shop

Third person Point of View

EXO songs blasted through the speakers as Eunmi got ready to head to the mall. She twirled and danced to every rhythm, humming along as she tried on different blouses that would go well with her pastel blue skirt. After a few attempts, she decided to settle with a white one - the blouse she first tried on - and tucked it in her skirt. Eunmi then pulled her new favourite white-hilled shoes, slipping them on, and grabbing her light brown clutch and hat before looking at herself in the mirror and exiting the house.

It wasn't a far walk from the bus stop, but the heat emitted by the sun made it seem as if it was. Eunmi only had to wait five minutes until the bus came, and she hopped inside, sitting on one of the seats near the front. It was a normal bus ride, that was until a man with a huge camera set draped over his shoulder entered and was walking backwards, appearing as if he was filming. Out of nowhere, Joy and Sungjae entered the bus, too, followed by another cameraman. At first Eunmi was confused, but she thought they must have still been filming for We Got Hitched.

The couple was about to walk past Eunmi, but Joy noticed her.

"Omo! Eonni, why are you here?" she asked.

"I'm going to the mall," Eunmi answered, laughing awkwardly in front of the camera that has now included her in the shots.

"Oh, okay," Joy smiled, and then turning to Sungjae. "You know my husband, Sungjae, right?"

"Of course, how can I not?" she replied humorously. "You know I'm a fan of you guys."

"Thanks, eonni," Joy giggled, then linking an arm with Sungjae's.

"Anyway, I won't hold you up. Go ahead," Eunmi told them, and the couple bid farewell before sitting at the back.

The bus only drove for ten minutes until Eunmi had to get off at the mall. She felt so giddy looking at the shops like a little kid getting excited upon entering a candy store. There were so many outlets she wanted to visit, but today she was only going to go to one. As she made her way to the shop, a couple of teenaged girls recognised her.

"Eunmi-ah~!" one of them fangirled.

"Oh, hello," Eunmi smiled politely.

"Where are you going today? Is Kyungsoo-oppa with you?" another one asked.

"I'm just going around, but no, he's not here with me right now," she replied to them.

"Aw, that's okay. We were hoping to see him," the third girl giggled.

"We'll see you next time," they chorused, and off they went to the perfume store across.

As Eunmi carried on her way, she sees a little boy crying by the bouncy castle. With eyebrows furrowed, she approached him calmly and bent her knees to get into the boy's level.

"Little boy, what's wrong?" she asked softly.

"Mommy's gone," the little boy cried, using the back of his hand to wipe his eyes.

"Shh, shh. I'll help you find your mommy, okay?" Eunmi reassured him, and the boy nodded. "Come on," she said, reaching her hand out and the little boy grabbed her hand and followed.

Eunmi took the child to the nearest counter and asked the employee behind the desk to page for the little boy's mother. However, the employee may have had some attitude problems, causing a bit of bickering.

"Look, I just need you to make an announcement that there is a lost little boy," Eunmi repeated for the third time through gritted teeth.

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I'm on my lunch break... ma'am," the lady told her, saying ma'am with attitude.