Chapter 25: Sukira Kiss the Radio

Eunmi’s Point of View

It was literally hard to breathe, especially with the thought in mind that D.O and I almost kissed. Tracing my fingers over my lips, I could not help but smile as well and without noticing, a giggle had escaped my mouth. Uncle looked at me with a weird expression and I had to supress the giggly feeling I had.

“Why are you suddenly in a good mood?” he asked me.

“No reason,” I smiled.

He only shook his head as a response, probably thinking why teenage girls are so complicated.

When we arrived to my house, I said thank you and bid him goodbye until the next time. As I was walking towards the front door, I could hear clinging inside the house and I began to feel anxious. Could there have been a burglar rummaging through the cupboards?

Mustering up my courage, I took a deep breath and quietly unlocked the door, and then tiptoeing my way around the house. The source of the noise came from the kitchen and the culprit had its back facing me, wearing a beanie on its head. I looked around and spotted the rolling pin, and so I picked it up without making any sound.

Slowly, I made my way towards the person and just as I was about to lift the pin up, the person turned around only to startle me when I found out who it really was.

“Eomma?!” I shouted.

“W-Why are you holding that rolling pin up?” she asked, an expression of shock painted on her face.

I quickly hid it behind my back and laughed nervously, as I shook my head and smiled innocently. I walked to her and engulfed her in an embrace, while at the same time placing down the pin behind her on the counter. When we pulled apart, she held my shoulders and examined my face.

“How have you been?” she asked me.

“I’m as same as ever. When did you get back?” I asked.

She smiled at me and stepped back to resume to what she was previously doing.

“I got back about two hours ago. Did you go anywhere?”

“Oh, um, yeah. Uncle just took me around, you know,” I replied, trying to avoid an EXO subject.

“D.O’s not in his room. Did he leave already?” she asked me.

Should I have lied or told her the truth? But, before I could even give her an answer she had returned to face me and was looking at me with anticipating eyes. I was beginning to feel nervous and I was not exactly sure why, perhaps it was the itching thought that D.O’s father knew her. Confusion was engulfing me and I could do nothing but gulp down the lump in my throat.

“Eunmi?” my mother asked, bringing me back to my senses.

“Yeah, he left,” was all I could say.

Unexpectedly, my mother hugged me once again while caressing my hair. I had missed her and being comforted about the situation she knew not about was calming me a little bit. My eyes started to get teary and it was only soon till I had lost it; I cried and hugged her back.

“I miss him already,” I sobbed, and then followed with a whisper. “I didn’t even tell him.”

“Shh,” my mother hushed. “You could live even before he came, right? Honey, sometimes life doesn’t give you what you want and all you can do is to live with it. Everyone has been through the same situation whether it is about love or materialistic things.”

What she said slowly sunk in mind and I tried to calm myself by inhaling and exhaling slowly. I released myself from the hug and smiled at her.

“I guess life does that, huh? Thank you, eomma. I’ll just head to my bedroom now.”