Chapter 51: Tell me a lie

Eunmi's Point of View

I had to secretly go to Mr Do's office since not all paparazzi after me were gone. There were still some that lingered even behind bushes, so I had to wear a little bit of disguise.

Once getting inside the building to the top floor, I immediately saw Jokwon typing away on his laptop, so I approached him.

The moment he saw me, a smile painted on his face.

"Good afternoon, Eunmi," he greeted.

"Hey," I smiled. "Is Mr Do in?"

"He is, just go on ahead. I'm sure he won't mind," he said.

"Okay, cool. Thanks," I nodded, heading towards the door.

Once knocking, I slowly opened the door, only to reveal the man himself. He looked up from the paper work he was doing and was quite shocked to see me here.

"Eunmi, what brings you here?" he asked.

I closed the door behind me and walked up to him, with a serious expression.

"You made my mum's life miserable," was all I said, just staring at him.

"What are you--"

"That's why she can't even stand looking at you," I continued.

He stood up and sighed, worry and surprise evident on his face.

"So you know about it?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "She told me earlier when I asked her about how she knew you."

"Look, I didn't mean to leave her and Bomi alone. But my career is my passion and I know I can never be a good father to her," he blabbed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I furrowed by eyebrows.

I felt my breath hitch as I let the words sink into my head. He was... Bomi's father? Then that would have meant he was mine's, too.

"I thought you..."

"No!" I yelled. "Eomma said you made her life miserable in college, that's why... that's why she can't stand you."

"Oh my god," he mumbled.

"What were you talking about?!" I shouted.

"It's... Nothing," he shook his head.

"Tell me!" I said, voice cracking.

Mr Do looked me in the eyes and sighed in defeat. He leaned on his desk and faced the ground, uncertainness on his face.

"It all started when I first met Sooyeon..."

He had talked for almost two hours, with me crying non-stop the moment I found out me and Bomi had different fathers. I couldn't believe everyone could keep something as big as this as a secret from me!

I couldn't even stay mad at Mr Do. I was in a point where all emotions were too much that it felt like I was just there. Emotionless, even though I wanted to hit him so bad and make him regret everything.

As soon as I got home, I found eomma in the kitchen preparing dinner for us. I didn't even bother beating around the bush as I just began yelling at her.

"When were you going to tell me?!"

"Sweetheart, what are you--"

"You know exactly what!" I shouted and cried at the same time. "Clearly, Bomi and I have different fathers! You slept with Mr Do! You slept..."

I couldn't breathe. My chest was heaving up and down very quickly, and I got a little lightheaded. I grabbed on the kitchen counter for support.

"Eunmi, I... How did... Who told you?"