Chapter 16: Off-course not of course

Third Person’s Point of View

As soon as D.O and Eunmi left the room, Mr. Do’s eyes shifted all over the room. He did not know what to do as he has never thought that his son would meet her daughter. Running his hand through his hair, he called for Jokwon.

“Yes, sir?” Jokwon answered.

“Send someone to keep an eye on those two, will you? I don’t like where things are headed,” he told him.

Jokwon nodded and immediately obeyed the task he was given.

“Kyungsoo must not know, not now.” Mr. Do muttered to himself.

-

“Did you know about this?” Eunmi asked D.O, her eyes glaring at him.

She was briskly walking, to nowhere in particular, and D.O tried hard to catch up with her. Eunmi was almost out of breath and yet she still felt that she needed to be far away for now. She did not know exactly why she was feeling that way but, something was just not right.

“Eunmi, I’m just as shocked as you are. Don’t go staring at me like that,” he told her.

D.O finally caught up with her and held her wrist to prevent her from going any further. Their chests heaved up and down as they regained their breaths.

“I’m sorry,” she apologised, eyes shifting to the ground.

He sighed deeply and released her wrist from his grasp. Something in his chest felt tight as if the feeling Eunmi had was infecting him, too. They stood on their spot for a while before realising that they did not know where they were.

Eunmi turned 360 degrees to examine the place, so did D.O, before both exchanged clueless glances.

“Uh … Did we really walk that far? I don’t even know where we are,” Eunmi spoke.

“Yeah, me too,” D.O concurred.

“Great, now we’re lost,” She sighed, arms flailing on her sides.

They continued to walk with the hope that they would come across something familiar; anything to indicate that they were not far off from where they were before. As they walked, silence wrapped them and the atmosphere turned awkward. D.O rubbed the nape of his neck as he took glimpses of Eunmi, wanting to start a conversation but, did not have the courage.

“You know, I can feel you staring at me,” Eunmi chuckled, stopping on her tracks as she turned to her side to face him.

“Oh … Uh … Sorry,” D.O mumbled.

Abruptly, Eunmi took his hand and began walking again.

“Might as well make the most of this,” she said.

D.O followed behind her, a smile forming on his plump lips as he looked down on their attached hands. His heart fluttered and all he could think about was how thankful he was that, that happened to them.

“Where are we going?” He asked her.

Eunmi halted and so did D.O. She looked around them, checking out the shops that were in the area. Then, at the end of all the shops was the shop that caught her eye. She enthusiastically jumped and giggled before dragging him towards the place. When they got there, D.O’s eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the shop called Costumes For You.

“Uh … it’s not Halloween yet, Eunmi. Why are we here?” He asked her, befuddled.

“Kyungie … Ahem. I mean, D.O, aren’t you forgetting something?” She raised a brow.