10. First Day

September 1, 6:54 am
George POV.

I hated waking up for school this early in the morning. School starts at seven-twenty, whoever decided for it to start that early is a terrible person and I hate them. Today is also going to be the first day I've seen Dream in person. Since our game on Friday when he broke his wrist and got carried off the field by his dad.

I felt bad for him, and I told him that when I texted him after he sent a message to the Feral Boys group chat saying he was alive and doing okay. Said that his dad was nicer to him than he had been the past several weeks. Honestly, I'd like to see that; coach actually being nice.

I rolled off my bed and onto the floor before getting dressed to leave. Quackity was driving me to school today. He was an interesting guy. I found out that he got held back in third grade and that's how he met Karl for the first time after he moved to Florida from New York.

I walked into the kitchen where my mom was, smiling at me. "Have a good day at school." I smiled back and replied, "I will, thank you." And I walked out the door seeing Quackity in the hallway on his phone texting someone.

He looked up at me and said, "we're going to have to pick up Karl, Carole's at work and Persephone had to go to the bakery early, hope you don't mind." I shook my head, "of course I don't. I never knew Karl had two moms?"

"It's cause he doesn't like to talk about it. Got made fun of for years about it at school. Finally stopped after Dream hit a kid for him in eighth grade." I was taken aback. Karl never seemed like the guy to be ashamed of something, especially his family. And Dream never gave off that vibe of being violent, but I guess hitting someone and getting into a full fledged fight with them is different.

We walked down to Q's car as he talked. As we drove down the road to Karl's house Quackity Asked, "Wanna know what happened when we first met Sapnap?" "We?" "Karl and I." "What happened?" I asked.

"Dream has just texted us saying that he had a new neighbor around our age, this was around two years ago, so a bit after Dream hit the kid for making fun of Karl. And so Karl and I came over and we didn't see him at first, but Dream was standing outside just staring at the house. By the way the people used to live there was a wealthy family with like six or seven daughters, all of them annoying as hell. Anyways, we get there and we ask Dream where the kid is. He doesn't reply. Next thing I know some kid with a stupid bandana wrapped around his head runs out of the house and grabs a violin case, I know this because I found out he plays the violin later, anyways. He walks over to us because we were just standing there looking at him and he asks us what we were doing. And Karl just blurts our: 'you're not a girl!' Like a dumbass. And of course Sapnap being who he is got upset and replied: 'well of course I'm not a girl'" he said mimicking the two, the continuing.

"And Dream butts in like 'sorry for him it's just a that a bunch of girls used to live there and he's just surprised it's all good.' Sap calmed down after that. We all ended up talking about stuff before we found out Sap was going to high school with Dream and was also going to try out for the soccer team. Fun fact Sap didn't make it originally, but didn't after someone got into a fatal car accident and was paralyzed. Anyways that's how we met Sapnap." I was so confused.

"How can you be so chill about something like that?" I asked. "Be so chill about what?" Karl's voice asked as he hopped into the vehicle. I didn't even notice we had arrived at his house, granted I didn't even know what his house look like. "Just how we met Sapnap." Quackity answered. "Don't listen to whatever he said about Dream texting us and me offending him. Cause that's just a lie. How we actually met him was when Dream invited us over for his birthday and we met him there. Literally nothing interesting, not like Quack's lie was interesting either though." Karl spat.

"You hurt me feelings Karl." Q said dramatically. I laughed. "Good," was Karl's response. We continued to chat about random memories until we reached the school five minutes before the second bell rung. "First class?" Quackity Asked, "I have math." "Art," Karl replied, "I'll go with Karl, we have the same first period." They both nodded.

Karl grabbed my wrist and pulled across the parking lot and into the building. We practically ran up three flights of stairs before reaching our classroom. My second class was History, Karl didn't have that one but the classroom was apparently right next to his. My third class was math. It was boring, nothing much to say about it.

My fourth class was Chemistry. It seemed fun, the teachers weird though, kind of like a male version of Mrs, Frizzle, just that none of us were hallucinating us being in some other kids internal organs. Lunch was next, I had B lunch with Quackity, at least I wasn't alone.

My fifth class was English. I walked in and saw Dream sitting in the back corner wearing a green hoodie. I walked over and sat next to him. "How've you been?" I asked, grabbing his attention, he turned to me and his face flushed. "Good I guess. Nothing beats your dad carrying you off the field during a game. Woo." He replied, faking excitement. "At least you didn't have to watch the other teams coach yell at the kid who broke your wrist though. It was scary not gonna lie." Dream chuckled. Throughout class as the teacher was going through the syllabus and introducing herself Dream and I just whispered to each other.

My final class was French, which I also had with Dream. At least I had two classes with people I knew.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1079

Don't really know how I feel about this one.