30. Happiest

January 11, 4:02 pm
Quackity POV.

The past few weeks have been rough. Schlatt had been texting me non stop, calling repeatedly, and refusing to stop even when I answered him to tell him no and to stop. It had been months, months, since our breakup. And he was trying to come back now.

I had to text Sapnap and tell him I wasn't going over to his place for New Years because I didn't want anybody to wonder why I was constantly looking at my phone, worried. I had tried to block him but he found a way to message me again. And I couldn't get rid of him.

Going back to school was bad. I was avoiding him as much as possible, just trying to stay away from him and his sick friends. Then practice came along.

I walked out the main building with Bad and Skeppy who were arguing over who knows what. I trailed behind them looking for everybody else. Sam, Ponk, and Callahan walked a few yards behind us.

We then crossed the street and made our way to the field. I jogged over to where Karl, Sapnap, Dream, and George were. Karl looked at me for a few seconds before looking away. "How're you guys doing?" I asked, "Dream, you still crashing at Sapnaps?" He shuffled his feet before replying, "kind of. I still go home to sleep, but otherwise I'm staying as far away from there as possible."

He never told us why he was staying there. I just assumed he and his dad got into a huge argument again and he decided he was done living with him.

Coach then called us all over and started explaining some passing drill we were going to do in partners and the one group of three. "I'll be giving you your partners. Sam and Bad. Skeppy and Ponk. Eret and Karl. Sapnap and Punz. Schlatt and Quackity. And Dream, George, and Callahan will be our group of three. Have at it." Fuck.

Of course it had to be Schlatt. I felt a hand on my lower back move to my waist before being me into contact with another person. "Guess it's just you and me again huh?" I pushed him away from me before walking away and grabbing a ball, passing Dream who just looked furious.

Schlatt continued to talk to me, saying how much he had missed me. He wasn't even trying to do the drill, so much so that coach even had to intervene to ask what the hell we were doing. Schlatt, being himself, blamed it all on me and my "misunderstanding of the drill," which was bullshit.

Luckily coach just brushed it off and started a new drill, combining groups of people. I was now with Karl and Eret along with Schlatt. Over the duration of the drill Karl had stayed away from me and not replied to any of my statements. And even after practice when I asked him if he was mad at me he didn't even look at me he just kind of shook his head no and walked off to Sapnap do they could drive home.

Sapnap POV.

Karl seemed really stiff today, has been ever since New Years. He seemed more cautious than ever and with the weight of state coming up I don't think it's helping him whatsoever.

Karl got into my car without a word and just hugged his backpack, putting his face into it. "Karl are you alright?" I asked. There was a long pause before he brought his head up and looked at me. He looked sad, like he was about to cry. I wanted to reach over the console and give him a hug. "No." Was all Karl could rely.

He turned his face so that he was looking ahead instead of directly at me. "Then what's wrong, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I didn't want to push him into giving me an answer but I knew if I didn't he would budge. Karl took a shaky breath and replied, "if I tell you, you can't be mad, please." I was confused, "Karl you know I won't be."

He took another breath before whispering something. "Sorry, Karl, I couldn't hear that." He brought his face back to his bad and said, much more audible, "I like Quackity."

I was shocked. "Okay," I replied, trying to think of the best thing to say in this type of situation since my only other past relationship was with a girl in the second grade and even with that we broke up two days later because she liked some other guy in our class. "Then we can break up and remain friends and I can help you get with him if that's not weird."

He looked at me with tear stricken eyes and said, "but it's different." Now I was really confused. "I like both of you. I'm sorry Sap. If you really wanna break up we can, I just, Dream told me it was a good idea to tell you this and now I'm regretting it." He wiped his eyes and stuffed his head back towards his bag. So that's what Dream was really going when he was getting s phone charger from my room for ten minutes.

"Karl I don't mind, nor do I care that you also like Quackity. I want you to be happy okay." I was trying to make the situation better and less awkward. "But," "Karl like I said, I want you to be happy. Tell Q you like him, hell, I'll be there with you if you want. Just do whatever you know what'll make you the happiest, okay?" He just looked at me blankly. "What about you?" "I'm willing to try if that's what you're asking. If you wanna add Q to the relationship I don't care. If your happy I'm happy, that's all that matters."

Karl smiled and nodded before promptly getting out his phone to text someone as I drove us to his house.

"Hey," he said, pointing outside where Schlatt lay on the ground, lifeless.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count; 1016

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, had a lot going on anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter

Love y'all <3