32. And You Thought He Was Gonna Say No

January 30, 7:26 pm
Quackity POV.

It's been about two or three weeks since Schlatt's death. They said it was alcohol poisoning. Why he was even drinking in the first place, I don't know, but it helps explain so much about our relationship.

He was an asshole. But I cared about him for some stupid reason. Every other sentence he said was an insult and I believed him when he said he was sorry. I even cried in the ER when they told me he had passed cause I made Eret drive me there. He sat and consoled with me over the loss while Sapnap and Karl sat across from me, muttering their words is sorrow and weak apologies.

Now I'm sitting on the floor of Karl's room, a place I found very comforting. It was one of those places I wished I could just stay forever. Sapnap, Karl, and I sat in silence, I just watched the LED's in the room glow their purple color. It was pretty.

Karl was wearing a white sweater with a frog on it, multi-colored polka dots scrambled around it. Sapnap was wearing a plain red hoodie with white strings.

We spent countless minutes just staring at each other before looking away at something else, not wanting to strike up a conversation.

It wasn't until Karl tugged on Sapnap's sleeve and the two left did the silence start to get to me. I hated it. The silence was mocking mr with the once filled space of laughter and happy memories only to be replaced either the horrid ones in the back of my mind as my ex pointed and laughed at my misery all the way down from hell.

Karl POV.

I shut the door to my room and walked down the hallway a bit so that Quackity couldn't potentially hear my proposition in advance.

"Karl I don't think it's the best idea that we leave him alone. You remember the last one we did, he started crying over past text messages with him. Crying over how much he 'missed his love'." Sapnap poured and folded his arms.

"No, j wasn't thinking that. But I was thinking that we could maybe add him to our relationship." I said, shuffling my feet as I hoped for the best. Sapnap sighed, "Karl do you really think that the best idea?" "Yes! I do. They broke up months ago. Alright, Q needs people to teach him how to love and how love is, y'know?"

Sapnap sighed once more. "If you think he'll say yes, then go ahead. I just want you to be careful, he's very fragile right now." He warned. I nodded and pulled him back to my room to see Quackity in the same position we left him in.

"Hey Q." I said, waving. He looked up at me with his sad, beautiful brown eyes. "Huh?" I anxiously cracked my knuckles, which made him flinch. "Sorry." I said, "it's fine." He replied quietly.

I sat down in front of him and Sapnap beside me. "Can I ask you a question, but I don't wanna ruin our friendship." Quackity looked at me confused. "I like you. Like, more than a friend. Sapnap likes you too I think. And, and we want to add you to the relationship but only if you want cause I don't wanna cross countries." I was tripping over my words towards the end, trying to get everything said out loud.

Quackity looked at me blankly as Sapnap took my hand and held it, looking back at our friend across from us. Nothing was said for about five minutes before Q finally spoke up.

"Yeah." I looked up at him, "Yeah I want to be with you two." I smiled and flung myself into a hug with him, instantly pulling away after realizing my action. "You're good Karl, come back." I smiled once more before hugging him again.

I turned to Sapnap and grinned, "and you thought that he was going to say no." "I was only being realistic Karl." I rolled my eyes and hugged him.
~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 689

Got told I have mild depression today woo