30

Where's my love - SYML

You lay on your bed, looking at the keychain Bakugou gave you

You lay on your bed, looking at the keychain Bakugou gave you. You haven't looked away from it since you were left alone with Kazuko. Turning it in your palm brought you joy all the while, Kazuko used your chest as a pillow after he moved around several times in his sleep. Before he was on your arm and moments later, he was on your shoulder. You paid no mind, so long as he doesn't roll off it was fine. Patting his back with your right hand, your left thumb caresses the orange trimming, admiring the handy work of whoever made it.

As time flew by, you found yourself turning onto your side and facing the wall. You brought Kazu along with you and placed him right next to you. Your arm pats around beneath your pillow, where you kept your phone whenever you had no use for it. Earphones wrapped in a bundle got caught in your fingers as you found your phone. However, you did not need them at the moment.

Shifting your body, you held your arms up, filming yourself rubbing your head against Kazuko's. Squishing his cheeks, you chuckled. "So cubby~." 

No movement yet. While you zoomed in on Kazuko's face, you squished his cheeks again, seeing his tongue poking out a bit. It's little moments like these where reflect on your life and if you've made the right decisions. You're happy with how things turned out all on the same day, it's really refreshing. 

"You know, you ruined a perfect moment out there with your stinky butt. I'll forgive you just this once," You whispered, pecking at your son's cheeks. Fortunately, he didn't stir at all. "You're lucky you're cute, Kazuko,"  

Ending the video, you shut your phone off and rolled off your bed. Then you carried Kazuko until you lowered him into his crib and covered him in his blanket. You stayed by his side for a few minutes, wallowing in the love you have for your son. Wishing you could stay like this forever with him. Reaching down, you moved his hair out of his face and softly spoke. "I love you Kazuko," 

A ping on your phone alarmed you. You saw that it was a message from Hisa. 

[Hisa Shinjitsu]:

I heard your mom and stepfather were arrested today.
Are you okay? I hope they didn't ruin your son's birthday or it's 
on sight

[You]: