17

Baby came home 2/ Valentines - The Neighbourhood

THANK YOU FOR 700K READS ILYSM <3

Craving fluffy pancakes at 6 in the morning provoked you to roll out of bed. With the week you had, your craving for pancakes plagued your mind. Especially when they're stacked and drowning in syrup, powdered sugar, or fruit. You seemed up for it and it would make you feel better if you made some to share with your dormmates. After freshening up in the bathroom, you wake up Kazuko for a swift diaper change and gave him a warm bath. 

Dragging down his bottom lip, you gasped. "A tooth! You have teeth now Kazuko!"

Not understanding a single word, Kazuko could only smile as you beamed excitedly and hastily took pictures on your phone. You squealed, leaning down and pressing a couple of kisses on your baby's cheeks. Picking him up in your arms, you grinned. "You're growing up so fast!" 

Cracking an egg on the edge of your metal bowl, you stirred your fluffy pancake mixture with a whisk repeating the process for the third time. Working on your third batch of pancakes for your dormmates has been working you to the bone. Smears of pancake mixture on your face were the result of all your hard work and the grumpy baby seated in his high chair. Pouring milk in as you mixed, you noticed the batter becoming smooth and had no lumps. 

However, Kazuko's constant whining didn't help you work efficiently ever since he ran out of chopped up bananas. His screams would grow in volume, cause he was hungry. All you had were leftover strawberries, already washed in a metal strainer and without their stems. Taking the biggest one of the lot, you gave it a quick rinse before you gently popped it in his mouth like a pacifier. Then holding your hands against your hips, you pout at your son. "You good now, your majesty? Can I get back to making your breakfast?" 

No reply. Tilting your head to the side, you watched Kazuko chew on the strawberry at the speed of a snail. Clicking your tongue, you quickly snatched the empty baby bowl and washed it under the faucet. "You were so happy before, what happened?" 

Moving back to the pancakes, you prepped the frypan with butter. As it melts, you scooped a bit of the batter into a ladle and poured it onto the pan to form a perfect-ehh circle. You did it again, hearing the pan hiss. Humming happily, you kept a close eye on your yummy creations and enjoyed the silence Kazuko blessed you at the moment. Taking one of the leftover strawberries into your mouth, you chowed down on it and smiled. 

Until you heard the elevator. Flipping one of the pancakes, you looked over at your side. There stood Izuku Midoriya, frozen like a statue. Turning off the stove, you cleared your throat and wiped your hands on your apron. "Ah! Good Morning Midoriya,"

"Oh, good morning y/n-san! You seem to be pretty busy (lmao) so I'll just go!" The green haired boy greets you back, awkwardly. It was obvious that you and Midoriya haven't been getting along lately. As of right now, you were set on making things right. He starts to walk away but you spoke up.

"Midoriya wait," You called out, grabbing an empty plate. Without wasting a second, you stacked a few pancakes onto the plate and gestured towards a table. Midoriya follows along with your request as you circled around the counter. 

"I owe you an apology for how I acted the other day, Midoriya," You started, your voice sounding apologetic. Setting the plate on the table in front of Midoriya, you knit your fingers together. "I let my emotions get the better of me and I could never forgive myself for how I treated you and the others. I'm so sorry," 

Midoriya is taken back by you bowing before him and is snappy in defence. "Y-you don't have to apologize! I didn't mean to scare you or break boundaries!" 

"Yes, I do! " You said abruptly, raising your head. 

"Please accept these pancakes as a peace offering," You offered, shoving the plate a little closer. "I have extras if you want seconds and some fruit too. Help yourself to whatever you like while I finish up the rest." 

"Okay! Thank you, Y/n," Nodding his head, Midoriya claps his hands together. "Thank you for the meal," 

Three more apologies later, class A relaxed all over, bellies full and mornings made. Within an hour, your pancakes were consumed leaving a few saved for your dad. As for yourself, you stuck to the fruit, watching on as your dormmates enjoyed your cooking—all except one. It was strange not seeing Bakugou marching around the common floor and you prayed that all was well for him at home. Looking Back at Kazuko, you forgot how much he enjoyed Bakugou's company. Taking Kazuko off of his high chair an idea popped into your head.

"Dad! Can I ask for a favour?" 

This chapter is a birthday present to myselfHappy Birthday to me!!

Happy Birthday to me!!

ALSO, WHO WANTS TO FIGHT HORIKOSHI WITH ME (if you know, you know) >:)