35

Moonlight - Chase Atlantic

A double update for my babies

I love you (say it back or i eat your family)

Worried washed over you while on the phone. You stepped out on your balcony chatting with the person on the other line so Kazuko and Bakugou could sleep. Time passed, and the investigation into Kouichi's disappearance had been pulling your strings. In a world where finding people is easy, the police made it sound like the job was hard. The updates you receive on the weekends would lead from one dead-end to another, an endless loop.

You gripped the rail, rubbing your face as the officer explained their next move. If any more news is brought up about Kouichi, you'd be the first to know. You agree with it, but in truth, you were disappointed and pissed. Hanging up the phone, you raked your fingers through your hair. The next caller was Hisa, calling in about your well-being. After explaining, you asked her the same. She answered them, sparking small talk. It wouldn't last long, and the conversation would switch on the investigation that had been dragged out for weeks.

"I just don't get it. With all the blood, sweat, and tears I put into the case, I feel like the police aren't taking this seriously. It almost makes me want to drop everything and go out there to find him myself," You confessed, dramatically and quietly. 

"Don't say that Y/n. The police are doing all that they can, they'll find him. Just worry about yourself for now instead of stressing out over the case," Hisa assures you. You doubt it, as it's taking them so long to find one guy. 

"I'm not stressed, I'm upset. This has been going on for weeks and not a single lea-" You paused, groaning into the phone whilst your finger tapping on the railing stops. Taking a deep breath, through your nose and out your mouth, you lowered your tone. "You're right, Hisa. I shouldn't worry about the case," 

"Everything is gonna be okay, Y/n. You'll have justice soon enough but in the meantime, let the police handle the rest, Okay?" Hisa spoke in a soft voice. You mumbled a small reply and ended the call after saying your goodbyes.