34

Unfair - The Neighbourhood

The mishap with the ferris wheel ended with you flying in the sky on Bakugou's back

The mishap with the ferris wheel ended with you flying in the sky on Bakugou's back. At first, you couldn't look as thoughts of you falling from such heights caused you to be anxious. If Bakugou hadn't spoken a word to you, you would've missed the view. You opened an eye to the city welcoming the night after sunset and despite the explosions booming in your ears, you happily basked in the view of the city below you. The landing was unexpectedly smooth, with no injuries or tumbles until your feet met the ground. 

As luck would have it, you were glad Bakugou landed on grass instead of a sidewalk or the road, and the imagawayaki didn't disrupt your stomach. You held onto Bakugou's shoulders for leverage after he held your hips so you could recover your sense of balance. Regaining your panting breath, you grinned ear to ear. "I was wrong. I did not regret doing this at all,"

"Imagine dating some half-ass with a useless quirk when you can have mine," Bakugou gloated, showing a small display of his quirk. Quick small pops followed by a small explosion lit up both of his palms. You shook your head, laughing at his face, all proud and strong. Taking him by his hand, you tugged him onto the sidewalk beside the school gates off the grass.

"Come on. We should head back to the dorms," You told him, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. He followed along not long after, and you wrapped your arm around his waist. "I had fun today Katsuki, even if the last part got 'stuck."

"Stupid ferris wheel," He grumbled, earning a laugh. It would be a long silence before Bakugou spoke up. "Hey next time, you pick where we go next time,"

"Really! I get to choose?" You asked, happily. 

"Yeah, yeah, it's a start. We did something I wanted to do so you can choose what we do next," Bakugou answers. "And I don't care about where or what it is, I'll go wherever you want to go,"

You nod your head. "Okay, Katsuki,"

Before you made it to the dorms, your yawns became constant. Another cause of your lateness is a minor incident that forced you to use your quirk. While walking, you collided with a little girl running out of an indoor play zone. Her ball rolled out the door and onto the street. When she tried to stop it, your body slammed into hers, knocking her to the ground. She scraped her knees on impact. You swiftly nursed the child by treating her knees before her mother appeared and mustered the quickest apology that rivalled that of Midoriya's mumbling.