Prologue

SUNSET LOOK at the man blankly when the door to her cell closed.

The man was the one she fought in the bar. One of the Crown twins. Isa sa tatlong dumakip sa kanya sa isang sikat na bar. She had expected it.

Sunset knew she couldn't hide and run away from the Crown's brothers. If they were able to drag many of the big bosses from different mafias and ruin them for life, it wouldn't be a problem for them to catch and imprison her. She has nothing to keep her safe and away after all. No one can help to cover her.

Boldly, Sunset looked at him from head to foot then back to his face. Memorizing every part of his face.

Surprisingly to herself, this twin is more handsome than the other. Sunset loved the rugged and irascible aura that he carries around. Not to mention the danger that shadows those sharp gray eyes. Lips that are tightly closed but would give shivers when it smirks.

But fuck his look if he could lift his hand on women. His damn punch to her stomach was strong, it could be almost par with the men she have a brawl with before.

She believes in equality but it's a great turn-off for her that the man could punch her like that. She may have surrounded her life with a bunch of criminals and shitheads but she still prefers— rather — love to be around gentlemen. She would even let herself fall for one if only she met one that is not a sleazeball.

Sadly, like she just said, she surrounded herself with a bunch of criminals. Chivalry, sweetness, and gentleness are foreign to those men. They only knew how to hurt, torture, rape, kill and abuse.

Aside from that, those men are already a bunch of dirty old men that she would rather kill with kindness than have their dirty hands on her. Isa lang ang naman ang hindi niya makuhang patayin. Tch. Sunset mentally cussed the old man she badly want to kill but couldn't.

Sunset slyly sigh and discarded the thought of love and men. She has long forgotten that men and love could be in the same sentence and could be present in one form. A man couldn't love they only knew how to hurt.

And with the situation she's in right now, love and men surely will never be her worry nor should she bother herself to think about it.

Mentally rolling her eyes, Sunset huffed inwardly. How could she think about love and men when she'll be spending her next days, weeks, and years to come in this jail.

She even wonders if she'll be able to see the sunlight again. But that's unlikely unless she escaped alive.

Mayroon naman kayang pwede takasan dito? Lihim siyang napangiwi. With all the securities she has to go through to reach her cell she doubts there is.

Closing her legs over the other clumsily while keeping her gaze at the man, Sunset arched her brow giving him a sign that she was bored waiting for his words.

When he stayed quiet, Sunset shook her head.

"You know, if you think staring at me will kill me, think again. Your gaze is not but irritating me," Sunset said then frowned. "Or you want us to talk in Tagalog? Marunong ako."

Her mother is after all a Filipina. Bago pa man ito mamatay ay naturuan na siya nitong magtagalog.

"How you are so cool and collected knowing you'll be jailed for life in this underground cell is a wonder to me."

Napatitig si Sunset sa labi ng lalaki habang nagsasalita ito. It's good to look at his lips while it moves. It's inviting to get nibbled and sucked. She is sure those lips will taste good.

Sunset chuckled to herself. Why the heck she's thinking weird stuff? With this man— really Sunset?

Her chuckling made the man's brows converge.