Chapter 44

"ALEANDRA, why do you keep ashes from your prisoners?" Sunset asked while they were in a room full of shelves filled with urns.

They are looking for her grandfather's urn. Sadly, that old man already died in HOPE'S underground jail in America just a year after Dusk captured him. He was then cremated, his ashes put into an urn and later stored inside the organization's storage room. Last week it was delivered here when she asked for it.

"We only keep them for ten— fifteen years, dear. Then we dispose of them if no one came forward to claim it," sagot nito saka inabot ang isang urn na binigay ng isang babae.

"Thanks." Aleandra thanked the woman before turning to her. "Here, that's your grandfather's urn, René's urn will be delivered soon," imporma nito.

Napabuntong-hininga si Sunset matapos marinig ang sinabi ni Aleandra.

René died from sepsis and she never bothered to check on him even if she was informed of his deteriorating health. She feels nothing but solace. The thought of that man dead is comforting. He will ever be able to ever hurt anyone; be it physically or emotionally, and hopefully, he is now paying for all of his sins in the deepest pain there is in hell.

Napatingin siya sa ina ni Ruckus nang naupo ito sa tabi niya saka pinagkrus ang binti habang may malalim na gatla sa noo.

"You okay, Aleandra?" She asked.

"Yeah," she replied with a sigh. "Anyway, ano gusto mong trabaho?"

Sunset scoffed. "Do I have a lot to choose? Other than a maid, gardener, or janitress perhaps?" Umiling siya. "I never got to school, Aleandra. I don't have credentials."

"Our innocent Iiliri just barely finished grade school but look, she's studying. You can try and study." Hikayat nito.

"Nah..." Sunset shook her head. "I don't have patience with book or sitting at one place studying. Can't even imagine myself as a student." Nilingon niya ito at nginisihan. "Saka mayaman si Ruck, siguro naman kahit wala akong trabaho 'di ako magugutom?"

Aleandra rolled her eyes. "Dear, I know your kinds. You will not depend on my son like that and you will surely get bored in the long run just staying in your house."

"I'm going to have a few kids, that should make me busy," Sunset chuckled, jesting.

It has been months after her wedding. Ruckus and Death did nothing but pampered her at home. Not letting her do the cleaning or exhaustive work.

"Is it already safe for you to get pregnant after your injuries?" Kababakasan ng pag-aalala ang boses ng biyanan niya.

"Worry not, Ruckus and I made sure it would be safe." Nginitian ito ni Sunset para mapanatag ito. "We were in two different doctors and both assured us, I can have a baby without causing any damage to my pelvis. Whatever injury I sustained from the fall is already healed. We've been trying for over a month now."

Tumango ito. "Well, if that's the case, I'll offer you a job later when your hands are no longer full. How about working in the organization? You can be a spy, scourer—"

"Aah, nope. Ruckus will worry so much if I do," she said with her head shaking slowly. "Can't put my husband in that place."

"Oh, how sweet of you." Aleandra laughs lightly.

Sunset shrugged then asked, "Aleandra, don't you want me to call you mom?"

"Do you want to?" She asked back.

Twitching one of her shoulders, Sunset replied, "I would like to but it kind of feels off."

"Then don't if it's not comfortable for you. I don't really mind if you call me by my name, so is Vonn. What matters is you are already part of the family." Aleandra offered her a warm smile. "Besides, I should earn it and not demand it."