Chapter 32

KUMATOK SI Ruckus sa silid ni Sunset nang hindi niya ito nakita sa silid niya. It's time for dinner and she's still inside her room which is odd.

Did she fall asleep?  But it's already late. He spent three or more hours talking with his brother, Kreston, about business in his office. That's already a long nap for Sunset.

Itinukod niya ang isang kamay sa hamba ng pinto at namewang habang hinihintay na buksan nito ang pinto matapos kumatok. After a minute or two it opened and he was taken a back when he saw Sunset looking so broken.

"Hey..." Mabilis niya itong ikinulong ng yakap  at marahan itong itinulak papasok at isinara ang pinto.

Worries consume him when she started to sob. 

"Ma chérie, what's wrong?" Ruckus asked, rubbing her back while planting kisses on her hair. "Have you found out that being a cry baby is fun?" He jested to make her stop her cries that were piercing his heart as he listens to it.

The joke didn't make her stop. She just tighten her hold around his waist.

"Ma chérie, please..." Ruckus pleaded after a few moments. "You're worrying me." He gently let go of her and unwrapped her arms around his waist to cup her face, wiping the traces of her tears. "What's wrong? This is very not you."

"R-Ruck." Sunset hiccuped. "I found— I found my brother..."

That made him confused but very much happy for her. "That's awesome!" He exclaimed, smiling and excited. "How? Where is he?" He asked.

"Someone did it for me..." She replied and looked at the folder that was placed on her bed.

Binitawan niya ang dalaga at mabilis na kinuha ang folder at binuksan para lang matulala at mabigla sa impormasyon na nasa loob.

"N-No... How? This can't be..." He looked at her in disbelief. "Paanong si Death? Damn who gives you these? This could be a prank—"

"Do you think your mother will pull a prank like that?" Sunset asked, halting him in his place while gaping at her.

My mom?! What the— what is she up to?

"What the fuck? My Mom gave you these?" Ruckus asked in disbelief.

Tumango ito at naupo sa kama.

Siya naman ay wala sa sariling tumabi dito at hinawakan ang kamay nito. "Mom is not a fun of pranks. She hated those silly things but how did she came up with these? When did you see her?"

Sunset twitched her shoulders once before turning to hug him. "Ruck?.." She trailed, ignoring his inquiries. "What I should do? I... I'm lost. Death shouldn't know I'm his sister. I failed him terribly, Ruck."

"No! You didn't—"

"I left him when I found him years ago, Ruck. I refused to take him with me when he begged to be with me—"

"You have your reason, ma chérie!" Ruckus tried to make her understand. "Death will understand your situation and decision at that time. It isn't your fault— none of it is yours. Only René is to blame of everything." Mariin niyang giit sa dalaga bago hinigpitan ang yakap dito.

Hindi ito nagkomento sa sinabi niya pero humiling ito.

"Would you help me with something, mon chéri?"

Without giving a thought about what it could be, Ruckus said, "Of course. Ask away."

"I want to talk to René. Ask him and show him these. Aleandra didn't tell me how did she come up with these but I feel it, Death could be Midnight. There could be a link. I found him in the hand of a person connected to mafia and his eyes... I just didn't think it could be him because I saw many lake blue eyes in my life."