Chapter 14

NAPATINGIN SI Sunset kay Ruckus at Death nang magkasabay na pumasok ng hapag ang dalawa.

The two are both serious. She wonders why Death doesn't seem to warm up to Ruck. The man is not bad. An arse to her sometimes but she knew he have a big heart for kids.

Agad naupo si Ruckus. Samantalang si Death ay kinuha ang plato nitong nasa kanang bahagi ni Ruck at lumipat sa tabi niya.

Sinundan ito ng tingin ni Ruckus. "Geez, Death, you just made me feel so unwelcome." Hindi maipinta ang mukha na saad ng binata na lihim na ikinangiti ni Sunset.

Death tsked. "Stop whining Ruck—"

"I'm not fucking whining. I'm just stating the fact, tch!" Ruckus interjected sourly.

Sunset frowned. "Don't you think you should be talking without the cusses? And perhaps softly. You're dealing with a child—"

Ruckus scoffed, looking at her in disbelief. "You're really telling me that? May I remind you, you are no better. Remember what you told him when you arrived here?" Umiling ito.

Sunset bit her bottom lips. "Sorry about that," she apologized, one corner of her lips tugging up.

"Whatever," saad nito saka naglagay ng pagkain sa pinggan nito.

Bumaling naman si Sunset kay Death na nasa cellphone ang atensyon.

"Death, eat first." Marahang saway niya dito saka kumuha ng pagkain at nilagyan ang plato nito.

"Sorry." Paumanhin ni Death saka binulsa ang cellphone nito. "Thanks, Sunset."

Sunset ruffled Death's hair before she put food on her plate.

"What is it, Ruck?" She asked when she saw him looking at her.

"It's unfair," he said, making her arch her brow. "I get no thanks and he's rude to me but with you, he's so nice," tumingin ito kay Death. "Damn it, Death. Tch."

"Oh, knock off your bemoaning. You're not Sunset—"

"Death." Hinawakan ni Sunset ang kamay ng bata para patigilin ito. "Be nice to Ruck. He's not bad. Surely, if he is, you'll be long gone from here, right? And being kind to him is what you can do to get back at him for everything he did for you."

"No," Death shook his head. "I'm studying really hard and making sure my grades are on the top. That is what I do to get back at him. Being nice to him is not part of it."

Napalingon si Sunset kay Ruckus nang matigilan ito. He seems so surprised about what Death just said.

"You never told me that Death," Ruckus said, smiling lightly.

Death just tsked and started to eat.

Lihim na lang na napangiti si Sunset. This two don't get along so well with how they treat each other. Dahil siguro sa parehong lalaki at wala sa dalawa ang may gusto sa usapang marahan. But how they treat each other is kinda cute and funny though.

They appear to annoy each other but inwardly, they care for each other. Hindi lang siguro maintindihan ni Ruckus si Death o 'di kaya hindi nito alam kung paano pakikitunguhan ang bata.

Tahimik silang tatlo na kumain. Hanggang sa matapos ay wala ng nagsalita sa kanila. It was not awkward though.

"Kung may gagawin ka pa Death, ako na bahala dito," saad niya dito nang makitang gusto nitong tumulong.

"I have to read something," anito at tumingin kay Ruckus na umiinom ng tubig. "Help her do the dishes, Ruck."

"No need for him to—"