Chapter 8

TUMAYO SI Sunset mula sa pagkakaupo sa sahig. Kunot noo niyang tinignan ang tatlo at hindi nagpakita ng kahit na anong emosyon.

Keeping her eyes on the mother, Sunset speaks, "Welcome to my cell where every wall is boring the heck out of me." Tumaas ang gilid ng labi niya bago nagtanong. "For what I owe this visit?"

The mother looked at her from head to feet. Just like her, there is nothing she can see on Aleandra Crown's face.

Hmm... you have an interesting mother, Ruck.

"For something you might want to bet," sagot ng ginang.

"I'm broke to bet—"

"It's not money you will bet, child," Aleandra paused walking towards her and stopping just a few feet away while the men— Vonn, the father, and Kronack — just lean on the wall looking at her with an unreadable expression. "You'll bet your life."

Sunset brows converge. My life?

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked, confused but feigning nonchalant.

"I'm offering you a freedom," the woman drawled, "in exchange, you'll take one mission."

Napatitig si Sunset sa babae para tignan kung nagbibiro ba ito. But the woman is dead serious.

"My life, you say," Sunset arched her brow, drawling her words. "Does it mean that in exchange for my freedom I will have to get out alive from this mission?"

"A-huh," Aleandra nodded, smirking at her. "So, what do you think?"

Tinignan niya ang dalawang lalaki na kasama nito na tahimik lang na nakatingin sa kanya. But Ruckus's twin is looking at her with hatred in his eyes.

That Sunset understand. She was at all an accomplice at some point to René's plan to get back his woman.

Ibinalik ni Sunset ang tingin sa babae na nasa harapan niya.

"How certain are you that I'm not going to escape while in the mission?" Tanong niya dito.

Aleandra smiled, a cunning one.

Damn, Ruck, I can see you have a bitch mom.

Ngayon alam niya na kung kanino nagmana ang binata. Male version ito ng ina, tch. Mabait naman kasi tignan ang ama nito. Kalmado tignan pero seryoso. Walang bakas ng galit o anong negatibong emosyon sa mukha. But then, she shouldn't be fooled by his looks. He's after all the father of the Crown. His family will not reach and stand high this far if there is no bad in him. Besides, she believes the calmer a man is, the dangerous he is.

"Aside from you'll be wearing a bracelet that you can't just take off whenever you want," Aleandra paused, crossing her arms in front of her. "We will kill the only person that knew the people you are looking for the moment you try to escape—"

"Ah," Sunset interjected, waving his hand dismissively, "I'm no longer interested to get the information from René—"

"But before that, we will make sure to know their whereabouts and get a hold of them," Aleandra cut her off, making her jaw tighten. "And of course the moment you try to escape we already have them and this time we will be the ones to keep them away from you."

Ngumisi si Sunset kahit na nagagalit siya. "How sure are you that René will tell? He's not a man that you can just ask and he'll answer—"

"That is already none of your concern but we do have many ways to force it from his filthy mouth. We have everything to make him tell us anything." Inilapag nito ang hawak na folder sa bedside table. "This is the case. A guard will come to take you answer in three days."