Chapter 18

HINDI ALAM ni Sunset kung bakit sobrang naiinis siya na makita si Ruckus na may bahid ng lipstick sa labi.

Fuck that bastard! Baby his arse! Basagin ko pa itlog niya eh!

Huminga siya ng malalim para pakalmahin ang sarili. This never happened to her. Ever. She gets annoyed when men are not but scumbags and sleazeball. But not this time. Ruckus is not one of that but damn, she's annoyed. And heck, she doesn't know how to deal with this.

Where did he go anyway? Did he just ignore her this afternoon just so he can go fuck a woman?

Napalunok si Sunset ng makaramdam ng panghahapdi ng puso niya. The thought of him bedding another woman makes her feel bitter and... hurt.

Why is that?

Natulala siya sa kama niya at natigil sa paglalakad. Tapos ay napatingin sa pinto nang may kumatok doon.

Walking stealthily, she went behind the door. "Who's there?" she asked.

Right now she doesn't want to see Ruckus or she'll really throttle his neck from annoyance. The heck will she let him into her bedroom! Kahit pagmamay-ari niya pa ang bahay na ito. She has rights to privacy.

"It's me, Death. Can I sleep with you, Mom?"

Mabilis na binuksan ni Sunset ang pintuan ng silid niya nang marinig si Death.

"Yes, of course. Come." Niluwagan niya ang pagkakabukas ng pinto at pinapasok ito.

Nang nasa loob na ito ay isinara at ini-lock niya ang pintuan niya saka naupo sa kama katabi ni Death.

"It's late, why are you still up?" she asked, looking at the child who was looking coldly on the floor.

"I dreamed about my horrible past that's why..." Malamig na anito.

Napabuntong-hininga si Sunset saka ito kinabig para yakapin. "It's okay... As long as it's just a dream and you're safe don't make it get you. We're here for you. I promise you'll never ever go through that again."

Yumakap ito sa bewang niya at umiyak. "Sunset... Why does it have to be me?" Death asked, voice broken and sad.

Tears welled up in Sunset's eyes and before she knew it, she was crying. Not only for Death but for herself.

"I... I don't know Death..." Sunset whispered. "I just know that whatever happens, we should still go on as long as they're still someone holding us."

"What if there's nobody already?"

Sunset swallowed, kissing the child's forehead. "I promise, you'll always have someone to hold on to Death... So don't ever let your past get you, okay? Don't ever let it kill you."

"I'll hold on to you and Ruck. You two will be the Mom and Dad I never had." Nagtaas ito ng tingin sa kanya at agad na pinunasan ni Sunset ang pisngi nitong basa ng luha. "Don't leave me Mom... I'll tell Dad not to..."

Sunset smiled. "I'll always be here for you Death. I promise."

Napapikit siya dahil sa pangako niya. Hindi niya alam kung matutupad niya ba iyon pero gagawin niya ang lahat para matupad iyon. Maybe, Death is part to redeem herself that's why they met again.

Makalipas ang ilang sandali ay pinahiga niya na ito at kinumutan saka siya tumabi dito.

"Mom..." Mahinang tawag nito sa kanya.

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of Dad?"

Sunset sighed at the sudden, unpredictable question but nonetheless, she answered with a smile. "He's annoying, upfront ass but he's also a good man on the other side. I like that he loves kids despite the fact that he doesn't know how to treat and handle one. Nor does he know to be a good example."