Chapter-2: Half Blood Pack

*Daniel's POV*-

Daniel Williams

Mate. This word has brought so much pain in my life.
The word 'mate' is not real, it's all an illusion. I was desperate for her but she left me. I no longer believe in love. The only happiness she ever brought in my life was my children, without them I wouldn't have survived for so long. I don't need a mate,I am capable of facing my hardships alone.

My family owns a billion dollar company which makes and sells weapons to the military. To the human world we are one of the most wealthiest and powerful families.
But in Reality, the 'Williams' are the original hybrid family.My father is the King of all Hybrids and rules a large pack known as 'Half Blood Pack'. We are the hybrid of Vampires and Werewolves.

I am the eldest son of Liam and Ellen Williams and also the first born of the Williams. My parents were first of their kind and were mates.

My father wanted to discuss something with me so we decided to meet at a Diner,but I know what he wants to talk about. The same word which I have tried to avoid for months 'MATE'.

We decided to meet at Sam's Dining for lunch.

He enters the diner while taking a seat infront of me. "Hello son" he smiles while nodding.

"Hello father" I replied back but in a slightly un-bothered tone.

After ordering lunch, he takes a serious tone,back to being the Alpha King. "Daniel, I know I already discussed this but you should find your mate."

I huff out a breath, annoyance clearly visible on my face due to this recurring topic of discussions."I have told you again and again, I don't need a mate and if you think that I will search for her my entire life than you're wrong. I have much more important things in my life." I say firmly trying to make it clear for him to not press the matter more.

But clearly, he was not yet done. "Then you should know my answer, if you don't find your mate then you cannot take over the company and the pack."

This made me look at him.I had spent Years training and I love my pack but he is still adamant about me finding my mate to take the kingdom and not on my abilities to be an Alpha."Why do you want me to find my mate? Wasn't one enough to cause me a lifetime of suffering."

Upon hearing this, the firmness of his voice disappears and instead a softness takes place instead."I know what Emmaline did..." He continues.

But I quickly interrupt him."I don't want to talk about her.You better than anyone know that if I didn't have my wonderful children, then I would've ended my life a long time ago."

I trusted Emmaline.I thought that finally I found my mate, I found love but that was all a lie.The only wonderful thing she did to me was give me two beautiful kids.But She broke me and left me to raise my children alone. She left me a while ago.But I am over her now.I don't need a mate to complete my life. My children are my life.

"I wish for you to be happy again son.To love and to trust. Being a king brings a lot of responsibilities." Father continues.Even when I already found my mate then too he thinks that there another one made for me.Only if someone could correct his delusion.

We eat in silence,neither of speaking.
Finally my father speaks," you have to go and find you mate. Otherwise the kingdom will go to your brother Lucas who already has found his mate." He said with determination in his voice.

A low growl tried to erupt from within me on hearing this but I know better than to growl at the King.

But this didn't stop for my voice being laced with anger."I have children, I can't leave them alone and just find my mate. I mean come on,I am more than a century old and if I haven't found my mate till now what are the chances that I will ever find her?" He needed to understand that not everyone gets a second chance mate. I lost my first one already.

"You don't need to worry about your kids, I will take care of them. You can't give them your fullest love until you haven't found your other half. The final decision is yours."he said.

I kept quite for a few seconds but then I made up my mind. "You know what? Give the kingdom to Lucas. I don't care. But I won't make my and my kids life hell again." My kids suffered the most when Emmaline left and I cannot make them go through that again.

"Think about it with a calm mind son. You don't want to lose something that belongs to you."

Frustration is flowing from me in waves now.
" Fine" I say with clenched fists. "I need to go now. I will leave in 2 days to find her." I said dejectedly.

I know what I will do when I find her, if I find her.If she really is there somewhere and not just a fantasy.I will make her hate me so much that she rejects me.