Chapter- 23: Bound by Spells

*Rachel's POV*-

Metal.

That was the first thing that I tasted. Salty metallic taste of my own blood filled my slightly ajar mouth.My bottom lip started to throb uncontrollably. The increasing pain throughout my body triggered me to come back to my senses.

I could feel someone calling my name,but the voice seemed to be very far away. I tried to answer but my hoarse throat gave up on me. I even tried opening my eye's but they felt heavier with every unsuccessful attempt.

"Stay away from her!!" I heard a voice yell from a distance.But I couldn't place whose voice it was.

Just then I felt someone shaking me violently. I could feel cold hands on my face tapping my cheeks haphazardly.

"Come one sweetie, Wake up...Don't keep me waiting." The same person shaking me said while trying to bring me back to consciousness. It was Carlos. I could finally put names on the constant voices around me.

I tried opening my eyes once again and succeeded this time.The sudden brightness blinded me for a moment. I tried to move my hand to block my eyes from the light but couldn't do so, soon I realised that my hands were tied together behind my back with chains.

My eyes finally adjusted and I could see Carlos leaning over me.

"Finally the sleeping beauty woke up!." He exlaimed while moving away from me. Creases formed on my forehead as I tried to get up from my lying position to a sitting position but was hit by a severe headache. I turned my head rapidly causing another piercing pain to strike my head as I tried taking in the surroundings of the place.

The room in which I was held a prisoner was huge. The dust covering the walls and some scattered broken boards on the floor showed that the room had been unused for weeks.Behind Carlos I saw Daniel sitting on the floor with his hands tied behind his back just like me. When my eyes searched the rest of the room I saw Lucas tied in a far away corner as well.There were a few men holding guns surrounding us and a single female among the group.

The past few moments came crashing down on me as my eyes went wide with horror. We were outside a room when Carlos shot Mills. After a few seconds, I felt an unexplainable pain throughout my body as if crushing and thrashing my insides as I fell to the ground.

I tried to use my strength to break out from the chains but heard a voice interrupt my proceedings.

"Missed me Rachel?" Carlos said while taking a seat on a chair at the centre of the room. I could see confusion covering Daniel's face as he was trying to figure out how carlos knew me.

"Yes. A lot infact. Everyday I thought of different ways to kill you for completely destroying our lives!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"I destroyed YOUR life?? You were the one who ruined MINE!! Only if you would have died that night,then I wouldn't have been leading this pathetic life.I could have easily killed you while you were a HUMAN!"he screamed as threw his chair, on which he was sitting on earlier, violently across the room which crashed to the wall next to me, barely missing me in the process. A few wooden pieces from the broken chair penetrated my arms drawing out blood, but I didn't care about the pain.

"How did I ruin your life?Didn't you have a good nights sleep after cold-bloodedly murdering my brother???" I shouted from my sitting position,knowing well enough that I was in no position to instigate him cause he had the upper-hand but I did it nevertheless. For a brief moment my eyes drifted towards Daniel. I could see his eyebrows furrowing and confusion painted every feature of his face. But in no time he put together the pieces of the puzzel scattered in front of him, and soon the confusion which decorated his face was now replaced by pure horror.