Chapter- 28: The Challenge

*Rachel's POV*-

Today is the day of the challenge.The day which would decide my and Steph's future. If we win,we can have a pack which can protect us from Lucian and if we loose then we are on our own. I can't turn back now,I have chosen this destiny.I have to fight for Steph. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath to calm myself.

I make it out to the pack training ground where the match would be held.There was a pefectly drawn huge square for the area where the fight would take place and every pack member was already gathered around there except young children.The Williams family was at the side lines except sophie of course while Aaron and Daniel were standing next to each other.At first I noticed aaron who gave me sweet smile and a thumbs up for motivation while daniel nodded his head towards me with just a hint of a smile, well that was better than what I expected from him.

"The match will commence in 5 minutes." Max announced in front of the pack.I found myself holding my breath in anticipation for what's to come.

"Nervous?" Steph's voice came from behind me.Upon turning I noticed that he was complete opposite of me, calm and composed.

"That obvious?" I asked.

"Nope. But I tend to know what you are feeling. Just give your best over there,even if you fail I will always support you." he said calmly. Even when he knows the risk of us loosing, he still is not anxious.Infact he is the one calming me down which he is successfully doing so.

"Ok everyone settle down." Natalie spoke from the center of the match area.Everyone started to calm down while taking there places to get a good view of the fight along with staying away from it.

"As we know that Cathy has challenged Rachel for a place in the pack.So, If Rachel wins, she will join the half blood pack and also take a place as a warrior while Cathy will continue as a fighter in the pack.But if Rachel loses, she will loose the opportunity of being a member of this pack." Natalie announces loudly for all to hear.The whole place was deadly silent. I was the only one to either lose or gain something from this challenge,while cathy had nothing to loose.

"The match will start with Hand to Hand combat where you can use your Vampiric Abilities. And then on my command you will all shift and fight in Wolf form." Max added while looking at steph and me.

I noticed back to where Cathy was standing, next to Liam. She was whispering something to him in hushed tone to which he nodded in approval.She then slowly turned and when she saw me looking, a slow smirk spread across her face.I narrowed my eyes in confusion but before I could figure out anything Liam stepped in the centre of the ground.

"Rachel and Stephan Carter, you both will be fighting this challenge together today. Your opponents will be Cathy along with 5 fighters of our pack... selected by her." Liam's voice echoed in the silent ground while everyone was frozen in their place and the air around us thickened with tension.I felt Aurora go still inside me.I could hear sharp intakes of breath from were Aaron and Daniel were seating. We were told that Stephan and I would have separate matches with only 1 opponent for each of us.But now there are 6 against 2 ? Everything seemed to be against our favour in that moment and the fact that Liam was supporting Cathy made my blood run cold.

"This is going to be a friendly challenge,so I don't want any deaths on this ground." Liam said sternly will looking at me and then at Cathy. I better than anyone knew that if she could get the chance she would go straight for the kill.

Cathy confidently strutted to the stage while looking me dead in the eyes.She asked Aaron to join her because he was the pack warrior but he straight up denied her saying that he will not fight against me.I smiled at him,atleast I have people within the pack who will stand beside me.Nevertheless,She selected 5 fighters to fight alongside her, all of which were males.