Chapter-11: Look at Me

*Rachel's POV*

3 Months have passed. My relationship with the kids got so much better now. Sophie is the cutest thing ever, I think she grew to love me as much as I grew to love her. Andrew on the other has been distant with me but talks sometimes, above all, he now respects me.He even accepted my challenge for a fight, but ended up losing.Though he says that he will not give up until he wins.I know that he doesn't hate me. 

Ellie and I have become really close,though we are polar opposites, she being excited and really filled with energy while me being..Just me. Susan at first was nice and sweet but a bit shy but now she really treats me like her sister.  

I spend all my morning helping dad with work related to company business and the evenings I practise shooting,I bring my guns that I own and practise and release some stress.I have to say in the longest time I felt....Happy.

It's a Friday evening, and after finishing my practice with Susan, we head to the hall.Lucas and  Ellie were already present there. After seeing me Ellie comes running and hugs me.

Liam then enters the hall and smiles at us. 

"Listen everyone. I have some good news. We will be having a party tomorrow." He said.

"A party?? Why? what's the ocassion?" Lucas asked.

" Daniel is coming back home tomorrow." Liam smiled.

There was chaos everywhere.Everyone was soooo excited and happy for his arrival. They all started making plans on what to wear for tomorrow.

But I was worried. I mean I don't know how he is going to take it when he finds out that I am training his kids.He might even try to remove me from this job.

"Aren't you excited Rachel?" Liam asked after noticing my expression.

"I don't know what to really say Liam. I mean isn't he going to train his kids himself when he comes back? I don't think that we would be needed anymore."

I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Just when I started to feel at home the things had to change. Now,I wont be needed anymore.

"Nonsense Rachel. When Daniel returns he will take charge of the company.He wont be able to be with his kids 24/7. Besides, even if he tries to remove you and stephan, I don't think that my family will let him live peacefully after that.Everyone will take your side.They really love you, you know that right?"

"I know Liam, and I love them too and I don't think I can ever leave them, It scares me."

"What scares you?"

"To love someone else other than my dad and my brother..... To love someone more than myself.....To break apart after loosing someone I love.I have already felt the pain of that separation. "

"I know and I am very sorry about your brother and mother."

"How did you know?"

"I and Henry go way back, I knew him when he didn't even start Carter Defence Agency."

I nodded. Liam just smiled and came towards me and hugged me.It caught me off guard.This show of affection filled my eyes with tears.All my deep buried guilt and sadness was forcing to come to the surface,but I controlled myself. I can't think of the past now.

"You really have changed our family. Without trying, you brought this crazy family together. My kids although respected each other but kept  their distance but now they get along better than before.I know that you have created invisible barriers around yourself, but.... let us in...let us care for you....Let us Try." he said with so much tenderness.