Chapter -7: Angel

*Rachel's POV*-

Lucas leads us by so many rooms. Anyone could get lost in this huge place.

"How do you even remember where to go?" I asked completely at shock of this huge place.

"Don't tell my father but sometimes even I get lost in this maze of a house." He laughed while leading us.

At last we finally reached a beautiful dining room, where I saw three women.
"Hi I am Susan Williams. It's nice to have guests over." She politely smiled and I greeted her back.

"It's amazing to finally meet you in person Rachel. I am Ellie, Lucas's Wife. I have heard a lot about you." Ellie said before engulfing me in a hug.

" I hope good things" I smiled.

"Great things" she replied.

I turned to look at Stephen who was surprisingly silent, and I found him staring at Carol Williams and I could even see her blushing.I could not help but find it funny that SOMEONE finds him attractive.
She finally introduced herself to me and Steph. I could see that he likes her too.

We all sat at the dinner table and before eating we got to know each other. I had a great time talking to them. They were all so different from each other.

"Why don't you come to shopping with us Rachel? Or wherever you want to go. We girls like to release stress and would like you to join us." Ellie excitedly asked. I guess she is the most excited person I ever met.

"Thank you but I wouldn't want to mess up your night.You all enjoy." I replied. What is with this family always inviting for one thing or other?

"You might be the first one to ever refuse to hang out with the 'sisters and wife' of the Williams Family." Ellie says while rolling her eyes on sisters and wife.

"Well I am not the one to take advantage of someone's fame and money.I am here to do my job. And besides I recognise you as Ellie Williams, an ammunition technician rather than Lucas's wife.
Carol as The Company Commander (CO).
And Susan as the creator of 0.30 caliber M191 Browning machine guns" I said with appreciation clearly visible in my voice.

Everyone around the table looked at me as if I was an alien. They couldn't believe what I just said. But it also makes me sad that people appreciate the men of this family and ignore the achievements and accomplishments of the women.

"I really look up to you all.Its a shame that people don't recognise your potential cause you all are amazing." I continued.

"If I didn't know about you, I would have really thought that you were a stalker." Carol replied while letting out a small laugh.

We all laughed.Just then the kids came in with Liam and sat down with us.
After eating dinner, Andrew left the table but Sophie stayed on Liam's lap.
I turned to look at her and smiled. She smiled back at me and reached her arms towards me. As she did Liam had a confused expression. But I ignored it and reached to her and picked her up in my arms.

"Hello Angel" I greeted her.

As I said that everyone at the table went silent.

"Hello. My dad also calls me Angel" she said shyly.

"He does? Well it fits you perfectly." I smiled.
After some time she fell asleep in my arms and Liam took her back to bed.

"Wowwww...how did you do that?" Lucas asked me.

"Did what?"I asked confused.

"She doesn't go to anyone except her grandpa, her brother and her dad. Even we have to bribe her to spend time with her." Ellie adds.
"I don't know?" I raised an eyebrow.I loved kids and I have a way around them I guess.

We spent the whole night drinking ,talking and having a good time. Also Susan convinced me to join them for a shopping trip.We all said our goodbyes and decided to confirm the schedule of the training the next day.
The thing I didn't know that this night would lead to so many events in life that made sure that everything that I knew was about to be proven wrong.