Chapter 30: Levitating

*Daniel's POV*-

I sat motionless on the ground,hearing her footsteps fade as she drifted farther and farther away from me.I could no longer see her but my sensitive hearing was able to detect her faint heartbeat resonating from the forest.

When I'd first seen her in Jake's office,her holding a gun to my head as she stared me down,I felt an instant anger towards her for someone challenging me.

But some time during the months with her,the anger had started to fall from my heart and instead welcomed the fact that I liked her,even after her constant pursuit of avoiding or countering me.

Though I made sure that I kept my distance from her, not trying to change the 'like' into something else.But then I get to know that she is my mate.

I went deadly still when during the match a scent hit me.
It was a woodsy fig fragrance with notes of jasmine and greenery.It smelt like the earth itself—rich, bright and delicious.

'Mate'

My mind lit up with intense desire and passion like I never experienced before as I stared back in those vibrant green eyes.Goddess,she is so beautiful.My wolf was fighting for control,he wanted to have her,take her away from here and keep her with us forever.She was ours.

But when I saw a brown wolf leaping towards her,my insides blazed with a fire which I could no longer control and just like that a raging inferno surrounded me and rachel while at the same time keeping the brown wolf away from my mate.

After the fact that rachel was safe subsided from my mind,just then the more obvious and shocking fact that I was a fire yielder sprang into my thoughts.I never had this power then why did it make it's appearance when I found my mate?
It was not long when I noticed Max,Natalie,the pack members and even Aaron looking at me in shock and an underlying fear and that's when I knew I needed to get out of there.

About a mile into the woods I shift and barrel deeper and farther into the greenery.My paws thundering on the ground as I weave in and out of trees.Shadow,my wolf was fighting me to turn back towards the ground and I was fighting him to stay away from there,we were both Alpha's challenging each other for control.

My wolf wants to keep her and according to my instincts,so do I but why? Why is she given to me? Is she a blessing or another curse?

Pondering over the past events,now I understand why on shifting my wolf went straight to her wolf and nuzzelled in her neck.This might be why I couldn't stop thinking of her.

Being without a mate had gotten easier over time.It took YEARS for me to be capable of being an alpha,we had to train seperately due our alpha blood and master control on ourselves but being with her almost caused my walls to fall in seconds.Maybe.....Maybe I should reject her.

*[Shadow- Even try it and I will take full control of your body and you will never get the control back. I will go feral and nothing would stop me from tearing everything apart.]*

*[Daniel- She will be happy away from me.With us she would always be in danger as she will become a main target for our enemies.]*

*[Shadow- She is our mate.We will protect her.]*

*[Daniel- What if we can't? What if we lose her? The pain of loosing Emmaline cost me my pack and I cannot go through this again.I cannot let the mate bond make me weak again.]*

At this Shadow fell silent.I knew he had more to say but he didn't want to continue at this moment.

A part of me wanted to reject her thinking that this is another false mate bond.Maybe even she is not my real mate.But I knew that the things I felt when I knew that rachel was my mate,I'd never experienced them when I met Emmaline. Another small part of me wanted to keep her away so that i'll be sane enough to be a father and an alpha even after she leaves.But ever since she started talking to me,I felt there was something else growing in me that wasn't connected to the mate bond.