Chapter 37: Leaving

*Rachel's POV*-

Tap....

Tap....

Tapping of shoes against hard concrete echoed through my ears and I felt the veil of unconsciousness lifting.Sensation started to return to my limbs and I started to register small pieces of information.I was laying my head against the hard wood of the chair. Sleepily I adjusted my neck and opened my eyes.

I was disoriented,tired and completely exhausted after the last vision.The thought of my previous vision made me way more worried about Daniel than I previously was.I needed to get out of here as soon as possible..for my sake as well as Dan's.

Sitting up straight I noticed the sound of heels clicking again,I turned towards the sound and found Lucian leaning against the far wall and leisurely tapping his foot while at the same time scrutinizing me intently. "What are you thinking about?" He asked me while still staying far away.

I turned my face away from him trying not to disclose that I had a vision yesterday,this single information end my chances of escaping from here.With still my eyes away from his I chose to ignore his question completely.

"Even if you choose to ignore me, still I can sense something deeper in you, a fighting spirit yet to be extinguished.And I know there is something you don't want to tell me." He said with a coldness to his voice.My gaze flicked to his for half a second and that was all what was needed to confirm his suspicions.Pushing himself away from the wall he strided towards me with slow steps.

"I had my doubts earlier,but I am starting to believe that Aaron was right.You are more profitabe to me alive than dead....You are what I need to finally take over hybrids. His voice ringed through the empty room and those words filled me with dread. "Seems like your mate destroyed what was left of his pack house in a fit of rage after seeing the video I sent him.Burned the whole thing right to the ground......Just think what will he do after months or rather years of watching these tapes." The more I heard him the more impatient I got to get out of here and see Dan again.

With the little fight I had left in me I responsed "If he did that to the area around him,just think of what he'll do to the person who did all this." My words did nothing but bring a sickening smile to his face.

"Oh dear...you still think that you and your mate can kill me...let alone harm me? Do you even know my powers? Do you even know what I am capable of?" He let out a humourless laugh which was only to intimidate me further.I knew that his main power was Reality Warping,about which Daniel had told me but I didn't know the full extent of his ability.So this was the perfect way I could make him show his abilities to me.

"I know that you are a piece of shit and you hide behind your puppets,forcing them do all your work rather than being a man and doing it yourself." I spat out in pure rage to spite him.I knew that the best way to make him talk was to hurt his ego,which I did..and might I add successfully.

The pure hatred for me in his eyes shone brighter than his hunger for power,I knew in that moment that he might hurt me even more but I was ready for it.By taking long strides he stood infront of me,bending down to my eye level he whispered. "I'll show you how much of a man I am." Then with one flick of his hand,the lights in the room flickered before going off completely.With the power gone the only light that entered the room was through the narrow slit of the door, seperating my cage and my freedom.

I looked around me and got a glimpse of my surrounding's distorting.The chair I was tied to started to transform and I found my hands free from being bound while at the same time the bruises and blood spread across my body vanished in thin air. The darkness around me dissolved and I suddenly found myself standing alone in a dim unfamiliar room.