Chapter- 26: The Unhidden Secret

_______________

*Rachel's POV*-

"WHAT THE HELL?? You both are TRIBRIDS????!!" Carol yelled as she came fuming down the stairs making a bee-line straight towards me. The anger and shock in her voice almost made me topple from the sofa on which I was sitting on, fortunately susan helped me balance.We were lucky that we were in the mansion right now, if we had been in the pack house, everyone would have got the news due to carol's yelling.

"And why am I getting to know this from someone other than you!??" she was now standing in front of me with her arms crossed and looking down at me with anger clearly visible in her expression. If she had been a cartoon character, I swear her face would have been as red as a tomato and smoke would be rushing out from her ears.

And before I could reply or even think of a reply she started again.
"We are your Friends and you didn't even CONSIDER telling this to us???" She yelled again.

"Ummm...I might have known about them being tribrids!?" Susan scrunched up her eyebrows as she was carefully looking towards Carol trying to save herself from her wrath. But how does SHE know??!! It was a secret and no one was supposed to know.On the brighter side, only two of my friends know so I can convince them to keep it a secret. I could easily persuade susan, she's a big softy and does not counter much but Carol on the other side will be a little difficult,she is a little bit aggressive and is very protective of us.These twins are really polar opposites.But I love them both equally, I couldn't have asked for any better friends.

"Wait what? You knew about this? But how??" Carol asked Susan, completely confused.

"Ellie told me. But please don't tell her that I outed her otherwise I will never hear the end of it for the rest of my life." Susan replied. What the fuck?? Even Ellie knows about this??

" Susan...exactly how many people know about this???and how did Ellie get to know?" I asked her.

"Well, Daniel and Lucas were discussing about you being a tribrid yesterday night when Ellie heard them talking in hushed tones. So she threatened Lucas to spill the beans, and so he did.You know the mate bond, it makes him very obedient in front of his mate. And when me and Ellie were strolling in the lawn earlier this morning,she slipped up and mistakenly told me about this." Susan explained shrugging her shoulders and looking at me with puppy- eyes.Ellie can never digest anything, her stomach hurts when she does not get the classified information out of her system.

"And how did you get to know?" I asked carol looking at her almost dejectedly.

"I got to know that from Andrew. He told me that he overheard Ellie talking to someone this morning and so he came and informed me.His window was open and he heard her talking when she was in the lawn.Well, he didn't overhear,he said that Ellie was practically shouting out the information in excitement.We all know that she is the most excited person and she never thinks about what she says." Carol explained.

"Oh my god....So much for keeping it under wraps.Does anything remain a secret in this house??" I asked grabbing my forehead in both my hands.

The same thing happened earlier as well, that's how Daniel got to know about Alex because Steph had to tell carol about it.I hope that like our secret spread so fast in a single day,the same doesn't happen in the pack house, at least until we make a place in the pack and they accept us.

"Don't change the topic young lady. Tell me why didn't you tell us yourself. Are we not your best friends? This is how you treat us?We are trying to help you and you won't tell us anything?" carol said while pouting and making sad faces.