Chapter-8: I'll always be with you

I miss him. 

I miss those days when he used to hug me tight and say that everything would be alright. 

I miss how he used to take care of us . I miss his lectures when I used to be wrong.I miss our fights.

I miss how he knew me better than I knew myself. I miss his presence. I miss him every second of every minute of every hour of every day.         

                  6 YEARS AGO

*Rachel's POV*-

The night is rather suprisingly eerily clam. The streets are empty and silent, an unusual sight for such a place.

We were all at home. Steph,Alex and dad were watching football, whereas I was helping Mom in the kitchen.
It was almost 8pm when my phone rang. It was Carlos. I was so excited.

"Hey Carlos! What happened?" I asked
"Hey sweetie. Can you meet me in an hour? I have a surprise for you. Pleassee?" He requested. Awww he was so sweet. How did I end up with him?

" Let me try to convince my mom. I will try to come. At your place? Because it's time you showed me your house." He was always at my house but never invited me to his.

"Soon sweetie but first the surprise.I'll text you the address. Come soon. I'll be waiting" I smiled at his pleadings
"Mooommmmmm....Can I please visit Carlos.I will be back in an hour I promise." I pleaded to my mom with puppy-eyes.

"To his house?" She asked and I groaned.

"No, he texted me some address.He says he has a surprise for me." I said shyly.

"Who wants to surprise you Rae?"Alex asked.He always calls me Rae.
"Carlos"
" How many times have I told you to stay away from him Rae. First of all, he is way older than you. Second, you just fell in love with him in a month? I don't feel good about this guy, he gives major red flags." He said irritated. He has always been against Carlos.

" He is not like that. And you know that I don't believe in romantic love stories. It's just attraction nothing more. I promise I'll be back in an hour. And even mom is going with me.I'll even forward you the address he sent to me." I had it all figured out.

Alex just stormed out of the kitchen.

"Okay... I'll drop you and pick you up sharp at 9pm. No longer than that." Finally mom said. I was so happy.

I hurried and got ready. When I came back in the living room. Alex stopped me.

"I am sorry Rae if I over-reacted. Be careful is all I'll say." He said.

"Thanks Alex"
As I was about to leave he stopped me AGAIN and even called Steph.

"Aren't you forgetting something? What about my promise?" Alex asked.

"Nooooooo...we used to do that when we were kids."Steph groaned

"Shut up Steph. It's our thing." I laughed at him.

It was a ritual that we followed when we were kids.
We held each others hands and stood in a circle while making a promise to each other.

Stephan:
"I cross my heart and hope to die, Always & Forever I'll be by your side. "

Rachel:
"I loved you then, I love you now,
Never hurting you is my vow."

Alex:
"I'm willing to risk our bond that we own,
So long as you're safe,you will never be alone."

We hugged each other after our promise. I love my brothers.
~~~~~~~~~~
Mom dropped me off at the address. It was a quite neighborhood. A house stood in front of me. But whose house was this?
" Rachel will you be ok?" My mom asked hesitant at first.
" Yeah mom, I'll call you if I feel like coming back. Bye" I waved. She drove back.