Chapter 13: The Warning

*Daniel's POV*-

We reach home.With Rachel in my arms I rushed to the pack doctor as fast as I could. Lucas's car reached before us, so father was already being treated before Rachel. But she was going in and out of consciousness,and I couldn't keep her awake.

"Stay with me Rachel!!" I said hoping that she could hear me.

"hmmm" she hummed in her unconscious state.

I rushed and entered the room where our pack doctor had set up all the machines and beds.

"Doctor, she was shot in the right shoulder and she lost a lot of blood." I told him as fast as I could so that he could treat her immediately.

"I'll take it from here." the doctor replied. 

I saw father lying on the bed next to her with an oxygen mask. I never saw him this vulnerable all my life,the original hybrid and the man who all feared and respected is now lying on a bed being treated. Those who were responsible for this will definitely pay.

We told Ellie, Carol and Susan to take the kids and rest for a while.I waited in the hallway with Lucas as we both paced impatiently for news from the doctor.Why did she had to run in the way of the gun shot? We are Hybrids, we can heal but she is a human, just a few inches to the left and she could have died within seconds.

After a few hours, Father and the pack doctor walked into the hallway. Though he seemed to have healed but he was tired from the fatigue. I couldn't help but run and hug him tight.I was scared that I lost him.He managed to hug me back.

"How is Rachel,doctor? Is her wound deep?" I asked frantically. Please don't be dead.

"Daniel, when you brought her there was no gun wound, only her top was covered in blood." he said.

WHAT?? How could it be? I saw that guy shoot her and I even saw her covered in blood.

"BUT, she fainted from the loss of blood." i said confused.

"I think that she didn't get shot and even if she did the bullet must have just touched the shoulder and went through because there are only minor injuries. Also,  You all are trained to the sound of gunshots but she is a human and several and continuous exposure to loud sounds might have caused her a concussion.This might have made her faint.She is alright now and just needs a good night's sleep." the doctor replied. 

"Why did father not heal back after he was shot doctor?" Lucas asked.

"The attackers used silver bullet which didn't get through and was stuck in Alpha's chest. But after I removed the bullet , he healed like before." the doctor said. 

But Silver Bullets cannot harm a hybrid.They are only used to kill a werewolf. If they didn't want us dead then why did they attack the mall. Was it a warning of some sorts?