Chapter- 24: The Truth

*Rachel's POV*-

Finally I avenged my brother.It didn't make me happy because I had already lost him due to my foolishness but it somehow calmed the storm raging in my heart.His and mom's death had changed me a lot, the sweet and innocent girl had turned into a deadly killer and a monster.

"I wish I was the one to kill him." Daniel mumbled while standing next to me in the room.

"You helped me by killing the witch.That is more than enough for me." I said while looking at him to which he gave a sweet smile. It was a miracle seeing Daniel Williams finally smile. His deep blue eyes shone brightly while a loop sided smile graced the edges of his soft lips.I was awestruck by the sight of him.

Suddenly I heard something calling to me.I could hear whispers all around me coming from every direction.I looked towards Daniel to ask him about it but by his expression I knew that only I could hear them.A light wind blew and ruffled my hair which made the whispers stop for a second.I tried to listen very carefully to the faint sounds coming from somewhere and then following it.Daniel followed behind me unaware of what was happening.As I followed it I came to know that those sounds were coming from Carlos,but he was dead.There was an invisible force pulling me towards him trying to show me something. So, I touched him.

Suddenly a swarm of images started flooding my brain, urging me to grip Daniels shoulder tightly.

I stood beside Carlos's body dumbfounded completely unable to move as the room around me started shifting and melting into complete darkness leaving me trapped in some unknown place.Daniel who was standing right next to me few seconds ago was nowhere in sight now.I tried to call out to Daniel but I wasn't able to move my mouth as Darkness surrounded and overpowered me.

I was no longer possessing the reins of my own body.It was as if like somebody else was controlling me.I was a prisoner in my own body.

Gradually,Colours started appearing around me replacing the darkness and forming a new scene Infront of me.

Large Concrete stairs stood in front of me ascending to huge metal gates. My own heart rattled with the screeches of near by birds as the storm occurring outside made it's presence known with every strike of thunder. I was walking up the concrete stairs with slow and confident strides, my legs were moving on their own and I couldn't stop them.Realization dawned on me that I wasn't controlling the movements of this person. It wasn't MY body but it was someone else's.

I tried taking in my surrounding's and what I saw made my heart jump out of my chest.I was in front of a magnificient Castle.Ten solid,round towers formed an almost perfectly squared barrier around the marvelous castle connected by large,vast walls of grey stone.

But the beautifully structured castle had a dangerous aura about it, it warned the onlookers to stay away from the dangers lurking within. I reached the main door which had intricate patterns drawn over it but the dust covered those patterns.The door opened with a creaking sound.

From within, the castle looked old yet new as if the inhabitants living within had changed everything about it.The walls had black marks everywhere.The chipped paint on the walls and broken glasses on the floors didn't scare me.It felt like I was finally Home.

It felt like I was finally Home