Chapter-3: I'll Miss You

*Stephan's POV*-

I have always wondered about that unfortunate night

I have always wondered about that unfortunate night. That night which took away everything we loved, away from us. I never got the confidence to ask Rachel what happened in that room. Her eyes always become foggy like she is reliving the past at the present moment at the mention of his name.

That night, five lives were meant to be taken but three managed to escape.Six years ago, we lost my mom and my brother.They were both murdered.We never even got a chance for their proper burial,we never held their bodies for the last time.

My dad somehow managed to save us.
Though Rachel does not accept it but I know that she still has nightmares about Alex.

Over the years, we became friends with our neighbor Jake. We three have become really good friends.He has helped us a lot to get through those hard times.Even when we never stayed in one place for too long,then too he would help us.
                      ~~~~~

After a long and busy day at the office, Rachel visited me at my unit.

"Steph, have you heard from Jake? It has been a week since I met him." worry clearly visible on her face as she asked me.

"Yeah, he texted me yesterday that his boss is leaving town for some work today. That is why he has been busy all week I guess." Jake works as a junior assistant at Williams Weaponry Co.

"Let's go and meet him then, we have some time before our break ends and it won't take more 30 minutes to meet him" she says excitedly. I seriously don't know how I handle her every day.

"What about his boss?" Why do I always have to be the voice of reason!

"Yeah well, he is leaving today right? So he must be busy packing. We will give jake a head's up" she says while rolling her eyes.

"Go ahead then, I have some work left. I'll meet him later." I say before waving at her and then getting engrossed in my client contracts.

"Okay. See ya" she waves back before heading out.

___________

*Rachel's POV*-

Even though Steph didn't join me,I was determined to give jake a piece of my mind as he has been ignoring my messages for a week.

I called him for a head's up,although he was very insistent for me to not come then too I managed to coax him.
I got to his office room which was next to the CEO room. After a few knocks he opens the door.

"Well, I guess I should run, now that troubles come knocking at my door" he said with a grin.

I narrow my eyes at him on seeing him in such happy mood."You know,if you weren't my bestie I would have probably kicked your ass by now" I said while walking into his office and taking a chair.

He just laughs at my usual behaviour.

"Why haven't you answered my texts?" I said with an angry tone.

He runs a hand through his hair before answering."Sorry about that, I have got a lot of work since my boss is leaving town and I don't even know when he would be back. So you need to leave soon because I am already on his hit-list." He said while trying to get rid of me.

"Yeah alright, but you don't always need to tolerate that always-angry boss of yours" I said.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say" he said while rolling his eyes.

He ordered snacks for me from his office pantry as we ate and talked the rest of the time and also shared some laughs.I really don't know what would I have done without Jake.

After some time, I excuse myself and head to the washroom.

________

*Daniel's POV*-

After picking my kids from school and dropping them home.I told them that I would be leaving for some important business today and will be back after a few months. They don't need to know that I'm going to be looking for my mate. Besides I don't even know where to look for her. All I know is that I'll find her as soon as I can so that I can be back to my kids.

"Daddy, you are going?" Sophie said.I looked at my beautiful daughter who is 4 years old.She truly is my angel.

I picked her up while placing a sweet little kiss on her forehead.
"Yes angel, but I'll be back very soon.Your grandpa will take care of you in the mean time." I smiled at her.

"Whattt? I don't need a babysitter dad. I am 16 for god's sake. I can take care of Sophie too." Andrew said frustrated while crossing his arms and glaring at me.

I turn to look at my son Andrew,he looks a lot like his mom,she was a werewolf.He has never mentioned her since she left. Their mother was barely home when she lived with us. Later we found out she had become a drug addict and cheated on me with many men.But she was not always like that, she was perfect when we met and I fell in love with her.After Sophie was born,Emmaline started acting different and that's when everything fell apart.

"Maybe if you acted your age,then we wouldn't be needing a babysitter." I replied looking at him.

"Whatever I will be in my room."he rolled his eyes before leaving for his room.

Andrew can be a hand-full. He disobeys me every chance he gets. I don't know how to make him to open up to me.He has closed himself off after his mother left,only she knew how to comfort him.

"Okay angel, I will leave now.Be on your best behaviour and don't trouble your brother.I will miss you." I grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

"Bye dad, I'll miss youuuuu." She smiled at me sweetly. I will really miss my kids.

With that, I finished my packing and said goodbyes to everyone in the family.I decided to go to the office to check on everyone at the last moment to see if everything was going on smoothly.

I decided to visit Jake first to get updates on everyone. As I walk in I see his table covered with different varieties of snacks and it seems like someone visited him by the looks of his office.

"Jake you better have a good excuse for me finding you relaxing and eating" I said with anger in my eyes.He should be working right now.

"Sir?" He asked confused as if I was just a figment of his imagination.

"You had no clients visiting today so why is there food on your table. Don't tell me you invited you friends over." I asked him while crossing my hands and glaring at him.

"Please sir,Let me explain." He looked at the ground clearly at a loss of words.

I was already angry at my father and now all my anger and frustration was unleashing on him.I screamed at him."EXPLAIN WHAT? Can you not obey my one rule? If you so desperately want to meet your friends then please leave this job and spend your whole time with them. Don't make me...."

"I'll advice you to choose your next words carefully." A confident yet soft voice interrupted my yelling.

I turned around to see a very attractive but pissed off woman standing at the door. My thoughts were consumed of her. She looked at me with her beautiful emerald green eyes. Her smell,was the most intoxicating smell I ever smelled.
My wolf ,Shadow, stirred inside of me. But he has never wanted a human before.
But now my attention went to her words.

She is threatening me???A powerful hybrid that can kill her in a blink of an eye,no one has ever dared to talk against me.Now a human is threatening me? You want to play with fire darling? So Let's Play.