Chapter 33: The Telepathic Link

*Rachel's POV*-

The haze around my senses cleared as I felt dull sunlight caress my face through the window.The throbbing in my head from yesterday had disappeared completely and this was probably the best sleep I had in the past few months.Slowly I opened my eyes to notice the foreign interior of the room.This is not my room.

I noticed that I was laying in a king sized bed and black silk sheets were spread across the bed while a soft blanket covered me.I let out a small groan and was going to stretch out my limbs but my entire body froze.There was something holding onto my bare waist,and by something I mean someone.I slightly turned to see Daniel peacefully sleeping behind me.I was shocked to say the least.

His heavy arm curled around my waist,holding me close to his body.I could feel the gentle rise and fall of his chest against my back as he slept quietly.I should have gotten angry for him taking me to his room but being close to him felt strangely natural and easy,even Aurora was purring inside me content with his closeness.

His arm moved slightly and he inhaled deeply still sleeping.His arm pulled me closer to him crushing me against his chest.I never really thought that he'd be the type of person who would want to cuddle.I tried and slowly moved his arm away while I slipped from under his arm.He groaned but didn't wake up.I rolled over and saw him there sleeping peacefully.I was taken aback on looking at his features,the soft lines and the shadows across his face.He looks like a completely different person now.

When I was about to stand up from the bed,I felt him stir and slowly he opened his eyes."Where are you going?" Daniel leaned up on his arm and looked at me.His voice was deep and raspy with sleep,his eyes barely open.I tried stopping the heat that was spreading all across my body.He looked gorgeous,even fresh out of a deep sleep.

"umm... Back to my room after being kidnapped and brought over here?"I replied before sitting on the edge of the bed.I looked around the room and it was spacious unlike the other rooms.The walls were of black stone making the room seem darker in appearance.

He inhaled deeply before saying "you really like to counter me, don't you?" I felt the sheets under me rustle a bit before I felt him behind me,I turned to look and he was only inches away from me.He brushed a strand of my hair away from my face and that simple gesture made my body hot. "You were exhausted yesterday so I didn't give it much thought before I brought you here.I am sorry if you felt uncomfortable."He replied in a low voice.I couldn't reply but keep my eyes fixed to his blue ones.

If possible the pull to him had gotten even stronger.

{Rachel- Aurora,What is happening?}

{Aurora- Mate slept next to you.The more time you spend together,the harder the bond is to resist.}

{Rachel- What? But I didn't even ask him to bring me here.If the bond gets stronger then I will be the one to suffer because he doesn't even want to be my mate.}

{Aurora- He will suffer too.It will get worse if you don't complete marking each other.}

"Stay here,I'll bring some breakfast for us." He said before getting up and heading towards the door. Ughh....Don't leave me here alone.

He slowed his steps before turning back and saying "Infact.....Why don't you join me? We can eat in the kitchen." he said to which I nodded with a small smile before getting up.This is the first time that I am glad he read my mind.

We headed down to the kitchen with him leading the way and me following behind.I noticed the time and it was 5 a.m,I was passed out for a long time.