Chapter 1

It was a lovely morning for a stroll. The weather today isn't too sunny which makes it perfect for a walk with your headphones and with your calming playlist.

I smiled thinking how today seems like a not so ordinary day for me yet it's still one of my ordinary days. My smile faded when Christopher's "Heartbeat" stopped only for me to find out that someone was calling. Still in headphones, I answered the call which came from my nosy cousin.

"Yah! Choi Beomgyu, you did not answer my call last night." I could see how her eyes roll just by listening.

"I'm sorry Noona. I was already sleeping when you called. I was too lazy to pick it up." I can hear her chuckles as I said it which makes me chuckle as well.

"Whatever-" It's funny how I could imagine her face every time we talked on the phone despite not being with her for almost a year already. "So, how are you today?" The question made me stop for a while. How was I today? It's been a while since someone asked me that question.

"I'm okay Noona. I'm just taking a walk before my shift starts." I told her with an assured smile although she won't see it hoping she would be assured as well.

"Beom, you know you can always take a rest right? You are overworking yourself there. You're still a teenager. Have fun while you're still young." I laughed at how she sounded like we were born with a five years gap.

"Noona, I'm having fun here. Besides, I can't just ditch my work or else I'll be on the streets on the following days." And that is true. It is hard finding a part time job in this world where most businesses prefer full timers. I was lucky enough that the owner of this cafe I am working at hired me.

"Bro. You know you can always come back home." There she goes again home. "Unless you already have someone there which makes you forget about home and us. Beom, you're not keeping secrets from us, specifically me about having a baby boy there right? Hmm." Damn this girl.

"Noona, if I have someone I wouldn't really let him meet you. Hell, I would keep him away from you." I said jokingly as she wouldn't stop accusing me of having a relationship which I have no interest in right now.

"Yah, you are the meanest. You're just scared because you know every one cannot resist my charms." She proudly said which made me a face while pretending I was throwing up.

"You are so full of yourself, you know, disgusting. Besides, your charms aren't that great. I mean, why are you still single though?" It's a fact. "Whatever! I called you because I was kind of worried only to hear you slapping some real shits on me early in the morning. Pretend I didn't call you fucker!" She shouted hanging up without even letting me say a bye. It only made it more fun.

I put my phone back in my pocket together with my earphones as I wasn't in the mood anymore to continue with my playlist. My tummy is somewhat asking for something. So I decided to take a route to go find a convenience store to grab something before going to work. I'm suddenly craving for some noodles early in the morning. Thinking about what brand I should get as I continue walking, a woman dressed in a black turtleneck paired with white jeans with a ripped on one knee with a long coat approached me.

"Excuse me." I looked behind me to not embarrass myself in case it wasn't me she was asking for. "Yes?" I politely answered while she smiled while getting something from the inside pocket of her coat.

"I was just wondering. Are you perhaps interested in becoming an idol?" Shocked was visible on my face as my lips formed "o" from what she was asking.

"You look exactly fit for it. Here, this is my calling card. Please do offer me a call." She said handing me a small card with her name, her position and the company she was working with. I took the card while making a bow to her. I was honestly shy which made her smile wider.

"I- uhm. I will think about it." I said as I was starting to get uncomfortable with her as she continued to stare at me with a smile.

"Okay, I will be waiting dear but can I know your name?" She asked while letting out a small chuckle while looking at my hand with the card she gave a minute ago.

"Choi Beomgyu." I said while taking a bow again. "Your name even fits to be an idol. I hope you consider my offer Beomgyu-shi. I can actually see potential in you just by listening to your voice while talking." She said trying to convince me while I look away trying not to show how my cheeks are starting to get red from the compliment? Well, that's a compliment to me. I gave him a smile and again a bow as she was getting ready to leave after stating those words.

I looked at the card she gave me. It's from a known company and damn she is one of the higher ups. I looked back to see her walking calmly before putting the card inside my coat and continued to walk to my destination as well.

This isn't the first time someone approached me and offered the same as the woman was talking about it earlier. I let out a sigh as the thought of becoming an idol crossed my mind. Yes, I am very interested in music and dancing has always been my hobby and well I, my looks aren't bad as well probably the reason why I have been casted a lot but I'm just not interested? I guess you could say I'm not as of now. I'm not closing any doors for an opportunity that big so... I don't really know.

We never know what's going to happen. At least, I can always have a choice or do I?

I breathe deeply as my thoughts are completely a mess right now. I just want my ramen, badly.