Part 4

Sam hadn't moved from the spot she had been in earlier, probably waiting for a dismissal or for him to continue so he restarted conversation, back to the day's schedule, as his intention was never to embarrass her

"Ok, so for the 9:30, whenever he arrives, pretend to announce him to me. Keep him waiting till about 9:45. Pretend to call me again. Then tell him I'm busy and the meeting is cancelled."

"Won't he be annoyed?" She asked.

"I certainly hope so." He answered.

"What if he asks what you are busy with and if he can wait?" She continued.

"Pretend to be embarrassed and tell him in a secretive way that I'm reading a book. What's next?"

"From 10:30 to 13:00 you have the autumn personnel performance review with the department heads of E.C.S., followed by lunch with Senator Kennedy from Illinois about his reelection "donation" and "support", at the Plaza Restaurant. I made the reservations for it last week. He will meet you at the restaurant at 13:30." She answered.

"Ok, and after that?"

"Well the next meeting is at 16:45. You have to do the online video conference with the European divisions of the company for their monthly report. Also you asked me to remind you to fire the German managing director and temporarily replace him with the French division vice president. That's it for today." Sam concluded.

"All right, get Manny to come over at 15:00. I need to have a chat with him. Now, unless something urgent comes up, give me a buzz at 10:15 and don't disturb me otherwise. That's all, thanks!"

He ended the conversation and turned back to typing, the subject of Kyra not far from his mind, again. Samantha got up from her chair after taking note of his instructions and headed for the door.

*~* Vincent's journal notes:

People like Manny and Kyra are known for one thing: loyalty above all else. They become our personal assistants, our friends, and sometimes they are also our hands. They have their freedom of course, and can do whatever they please as long as it doesn't pose a threat to the Keeper they're attached to. I could, if I wanted to, try and make a move on Kyra, as she is one good looking foxy lady with her shoulder long auburn hair, hazel eyes and that cute little mole on her right cheek, right below the nose line. I wouldn't call her voluptuous, but I could make out her womanly shape through the clothes she was wearing when I first saw her 23 years ago. She has one of those firmly rounded asses - what I like to call "to die for". I wonder if she liked me. Not that it would matter since I look completely different now. I wonder if she'll like the "new" me. The most recent picture of her I have on file shows she hasn't changed much. Ok, maybe she's been popping on and off through my thoughts for the last decade or so. Kyra might act on my advances...

*Author's Note

Picture - Kyra (Scarlett Johansson)

Many thanks for thereads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).