Part 3

Robert Murner: "So, have you changed your mind?" he asked, with only a glint of hope in his voice.

"What, no hello? As if you haven't known me for so long now. Or maybe you are becoming an optimist?" Vincent tried a light joke. Peter was in the end one of the few people he could call friends.

Robert Murner: "Bloody stubborn fool your are! I still think you are endangering yourself and us at the same time but what do I know? I've only been around for 800 years, not that you'd care what I think!" he answered bitterly.

"You know I value your opinion Peter but I have my reasons. This is just a courtesy call to let you know everything is in order and the prisoner is secure."

Robert Murner: "I see. I called a meeting for Tuesday and I should have all the confirmations by the end of the day. Anyway be careful Vincent. Remember John." He said, resigned from trying to convince his friend.

"As if I could ever forget. I'll see you on Tuesday. Have a nice day!" Vincent replied.

Robert Murner: "Aham. No chance of that now! Let me know if you need anything! Tuesday then."

His heart was in the right place but Vincent always thought that 'Peter is a little paranoid' is the perfect example of an obvious understatement. And while most of the times that proves to be useful as Keeper, sometimes it can also cloud one's judgment.

Next he called Manny and had him drop by later on.

Then he had Mara, his chef, prepare a meal worthy of a vampire, after an old recipe he still had in an old book – as he assumed it would work for her, or something very close to it, judging by her actions - who didn't know she was a vampire. So that meant steak - slightly done, almost raw with a hot sauce containing a special ingredient.

For her.

And a special blend of wine sent from one of his Italian old (both literally and figuratively) friends, who of course owned a few thousand acres of vineyards and his own wine brand.

The special blend however was not his public brand, as one of its ingredients was blood. Human blood. Just like the secret spiced gravy from the steak. That could sound gross for a human, but that wine suited the needs of some of his visitors, and in that particular case, his very interesting guest.

At the same time he ordered one of his regular extra-large marine algae salads with a fruity smoothie on the side as desert and although he could forgo food for extended periods of time, he just didn't want to leave his guest to eat alone in her room.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).