Part 2

"I see. So how did he find her? Rochester is nowhere near Chicago."

"Well it seems the courier that brings correspondence to the office on Mondays got sick, and sent a beer buddy to deliver his packages. The buddy used to be a member of the boyfriend's gang and recognized Sam's name when she signed for the mail. He then proceeded to follow her home, wrote down her address, took a couple of pictures and sent them all to that Bob character with the following message: Hey man, I found the bitch you were always moaning about, you know the one that dumped your ass to go to college? I better get the finder's fee you promised cause I could sure use the dough. Laters!" Karl said, looking smug, so Vincent asked him:

"And how did you manage to get this very detailed piece of information, if I may ask?"

"Hard work and dedication? Or would you prefer a clear and detailed answer?" he answered with a question.

"Never mind, no," Vincent replied, smiling from the corner of his mouth. "Go on, please."

"The beer buddy has decided to relocate to a different state, as soon as he is released from the ICU. As for Mr. Prank, he and about 12 of his biker friends are staying at a motel on I-90, contemplating his next visit to see Sam and a way to find me alone in a dark alley, probably to get some revenge for the treatment I gave him when he came by the office. How would you like to proceed?" Karl asked Vincent.

"Convince him to go away, maybe give him a permanent souvenir. Anything else needed is at your discretion. Oh and take Manny with you when you visit the dark alley."

"Why? They're only 12. 13 If you count Bob the douche," he argued.

"So you don't have too much fun, but mostly cause your wife scares me when she goes into mother hen mode over you and your job assignments."

Manny chuckles, "He is right dude! I've met Clara. She could so kick your ass if she finds out! And that's why I'm single," he stated proudly with a wide grin on his face.

Karl puffed and bit back, "Man, I'm going to torment you so much when you find your own mate."

"Not going to happen. I'm a Protector and I won't feel the need to answer that call. Plus, I like being single. Didn't I mention that?" said Manny.

"Unless Vincent finds out, and releases you forcefully from your obligations. I didn't get it at the time, but now I do. Thank you again, Vincent! I will never be able to thank you enough for that!"

"You're welcomed, Karl. You served for a long time, you deserve to be happy."

"The difference between you and me bro, is I'll never tell the boss that I got goo-goo eyes for some chick," Manny added.

"You think I told him?The conditioning didn't even allow me to think about it. When I first met ClaraI was like hmmm, thatis my mate, so what. I still have no idea how he found out. Care toshare Vincent?" 

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).