Part 2

He still had a couple of hours 'till breakfast so he decided to take care of the other things he needed done that day. One might wonder why breakfast was at 11 but for Vincent it was all about health, and how a body reacts to food over the course of a day.

So he started making some calls to get things rolling.

"Good morning miss Collins, Gray speaking, can you put me through to my office? I want to speak to Sam" He said.

Miss C.: "Good morning John! Right away dear!" and the familiar sound of the line switching could be heard, then a short ringing and his secretary answering:

Samantha: "Johnathan Gray's office, this is Samantha, how may I help you?"

"Morning Sam, Gray speaking. Are you at your desk?" He asked and waited for the reply.

Samantha: "Good morning sir! Of course! What do you need?" she answered eagerly.

The girl was always trying to impress and he had noticed how hard she worked as well.

Speaking to her reminded him he had to ask Karl about the enquiries into her past. Vincent had a feeling she was in some kind of trouble.

"Please reschedule all my meetings for today, and keep Monday as light as possible. There is a chance I might do the same with the Monday meetings." He asked of her.

Samantha: "Understood sir. Any particular reason I should give?" she asked back.

"Be polite, creative and vague. Make everyone feel like they are important, but something more important came up. Make notes on their reactions. I want to know who said what and in what way. Record the conversation if you think you need to. And don't worry about it, you'll do fine."

Samantha: "Thank you, sir! Will do! Anything else?" she asked again.

"Oh, yes! If you see Karl before I get the chance to talk to him, tell him to get by the mansion with the information I requested. That's all Sam. Thank you! And don't stay past 5 o'clock. See you on Monday!" He finished the conversation and after her goodbye reply, switched to calling Peter.

"Hello again Cynthia. Johnathan Gray speaking. Is Robert there? I need to speak to him." He introduced myself.

Cynthia: "Good morning, sir! Let me see if he has arrived. Hold please." She answered and put him on hold, so he switched to the listening devices in her office:

Cynthia: "Robert, Mister Johnathan Gray is on line 1 looking to speak with you. Would you like to answer or should I say you haven't arrived yet?"

Robert Murner: "Damn that man and his peculiar ways. What in God's name does he want now? Has he changed his mind? No. That would be too good to be true. He is as stubborn as a mule. Actually I think mules learned how to be stubborn from him! Put him through!" I could imagine Cynthia smiling at his remarks, with which she was probably used by now.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).