Part 2

<<<Karl's recollection of the events, continued:

"I'll be in the car!" Manny says when he sees me and walks out.

So I smile and reach out to kiss Clara goodbye, but she locks her hands around my neck, and the goodbye kiss turns into a full-blown make-out session. I'm seriously considering not going out anymore when I hear Manny honking the horn like there's no tomorrow.

"Be careful, or you are both dead men. I know you heard what I said to your honking friend – and I meant every word," she said looking straight into my eyes. I could lose myself forever in those dark blue eyes of her.

"Always, honey! I already can't wait to be back in your arms!" I smile at her, adding another quick kiss in between the words.

"Go, or your friend is going to need a new car horn soon," she adds, giving me a slight nudge towards the door.

So I head out and join Manny in the car.

"So where to?" He asks.

"Well, Bob is Sam's ex from high school and Vince asked us to take care of him so he won't bother Sam anymore."

"OK, I understand that, but you still haven't told me where we are going," Manny insists.

"'The Leather Hog bar in Englewood. The idiot should be there along with his buddies. We have leave to be convincing in a way that he shouldn't ever wish to come back. No casualties though."

"That's specific. So it sounds like fun. Let's go," he says and starts the car.

Thirty minutes later we are parking in front of the bar, next to an entire row of bikes of all kinds.

"Sweet rides! Can I keep the ones belonging to Bob's gang? It's not like they're gonna call the police."

"No, dude. Focus please!" Damn he's so infuriating sometimes but you know that.

So we go inside and scan the room, only to find Bob and his friends around two of the pool tables to the left of the serving counter making a raucous.

As I continue to look around, I make eye contact with the bartender and I can feel he is were-kind. He looks at us and nods, acknowledging our presence so we head over to the bar.

"What will it be gentlemen?" The bartender asks. So we order a couple of beers looking casual. I turn over to Manny and start talking quietly.

"I'm Karl; this is my colleague, Manny."

The bartender starts cleaning glasses and what not, looking busy, but speaks quietly as well. Between the volume of his voice and the sound of the running water, you wouldn't even know he is talking. And there is no chance to see his lips moving since he is looking down at the sink most of the time.

"I'm Ratchet. I ownthis joint and it's a sanctioned location. All my papers are in order and wecan go back to my office if you want to check them out," he says calmly,yet a little tense. I guess he must have sensed the power emanating from bothof us.    

*Author's Note

Many thanks for thereads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).