Part 2

"Speaking of which, I need to go clean up. Can you handle the manager 'till I come back? And then we can move to the car." Vincent said and headed for the bathroom.

When he returned, he noticed the hallway behind the booth had been cleared all the way to the back door, and there were a few electrical maintenance signs up in the area. As he closed in on the drapes hidden booth, Kyra held one side open for him to enter and soon followed, probably after checking again that the area was clear.

"I spoke to the manager and reached a 'financial' agreement with him. He was easy to convince that we had employed the private services of the girls, and that as men in our delicate business positions, the need for privacy was valuable to us. Kyra already brought the car to the back alley and we can reach the back entrance without trouble." Peter informed him.

"I saw the maintenance signs. Good job! If there is nothing else, we can go. I'll get Cassie and Manny can carry Marla." He replied.

"O.K., I'll keep a look out. Kyra show them to the limo!" Peter said next.

"Please don't forget to move the listening bug back to where it was and leave the curtains as they are till the local clean-up crew gets here." was the last thing Vincent said before heading to the car.

As the limo started to move, everyone visibly relaxed and although usually Manny would have ridden upfront with Kyra to give them their privacy, that was not a usual day. Not only did he go in the back of the limo with them, watching Cassie like a hawk - well in his case one should actually say like an extra-large cat - but also the privacy window between the driver's seat and the back of the car was completely lowered. Vincent thought that if the car would have been able to drive itself, Kyra would have also ridden in the back with them, probably sitting between Peter and the danger that Cassie represented.

"Is she always that protective of you?" He asked Peter. "I think between you and Cassie, she has barely looked at the road. Should I be worried?" He joked, trying to lighten the mood, noticing Kyra was listening. Her ear lobes turned a little redder, but she didn't say anything and her face adopted the poker stance again.

"Who, Kyra?" Peter asked, a little startled by the question. By the looks of it, he was probably deep in thought, processing the situation and what to do next. The question was actually a stalling tactic so he could refocus. "I actually haven't noticed. And it's a good thing she has those awesome reflexes and senses. I think she could drive blindfolded. She is always careful and today's situation was a little out of the ordinary." Peter continued, a weary smile on his face.

"That must be the understatement of the week! I was really worried back there! It was a mess!" Manny puffed. 

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).