Part 2

"I will have the food sent up to you then."

"No! I'm not hungry," she said again quietly.

"Yes, you are. But nobody will come in the room. I will bring it in myself."

She...

Didn't say 'No!' that time, so he went to the door and told Barry to have her food delivered to the door and let him know when it got there.

"Can you tell me your last name?" He tried another question.

She of course answered with - can you guess? - more silence. This is going to be hard - he thought to himself.

Toc - Toc someone knocked on the door and she flicked her head to the door, so startled that she almost stood up.

"Shhhush now, calm down. It's just the food!" He cooed her, still not moving from his seat. She looked at him still alarmed, a plead in her eyes.

"Like I said, nobody else will come in here. I'm going to bring it in now." He announced so he wouldn't scare her again, then went to the door and got the food tray along with the rolling metal kitchen cart it was on and brought them midway between his armchair and the window. Kind of a neutral zone between their respective positions and went back to the chair but did not sit down. With his back to her, he said:

"I'm going to leave you alone so you can eat now. I'll be back before lunch, which is around two a clock in the afternoon." And so he left the room, heading to the office.

Once there, he opened a few e-mails and worked for a couple of hours, catching up on company stuff.

Knock-knock! He heard at one point and looked up. Manny was standing in the door frame waiting for a reply.

"Got a minute Boss?"

"Sure Manny, come in! Nobody else but us here, you know, you could call me by name. What's up?"

"Can you come outside with me? I'd like to show you something," he said.

"I'd rather you tell me about it. I trust your observations."

"Well, since you didn't call me, I got bored at some point and went outside for a walk around the premises."

"And?"

"When I got under it's... I mean her window, I was looking down when I noticed something," he added, pausing again.

"Get on with it already, man! You do know you don't sound more interesting dragging your sentences like that. I'd actually call it annoying."

"Oddly enough, I've been told that before," he said with a smile. "Anyway, I remember the amount of food leaving the kitchen on the food cart, heading for the little monster's room" – Vincent frowned at him as he said monster - "and I'm 99% sure I saw all of it happily taking a new role as grass fertilizer under 'her'" - and he deliberately looked at Vincent while saying it - "window. It is my firm belief that her current conditions make her less than happy and by less than happy I mean angry." Manny smirked at him.

"Creative like a dead renaissance poet in one sentence, and Sherlock's rejected apprentice in the next. You're in a good mood." Vincent smiled back at him.

*Author's Note

Manythanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).