Chapter 10 - Bar fight - Part 1

<<<Karl's recollection of the events, continued:

"Hey Manny, everything OK?"

"Of course. Are you alone?"

"No, my wife is home."

"I'd better go say hi then. I'll be right back," he said but I followed him back to the kitchen.

"Hey Clara! Looking gorgeous as always," he said smiling.

"Hey Manny, nice to see you! Although if I'd known you were coming over I would have kept a steak serving for you," she said hugging him while smiling back.

"Always so thoughtful. Well if you ever get bored of Karl over there, I could use a thoughtful, good looking woman like you around the house!"

"Get your dirty hands of my mate!" My wolf growled, surfacing.

"Calm down honey, it's just Manny, you know how he is," my wife said after coming over and placing her hands on my chest. The calming effect was almost instant.

"A regular charmer, aren't you Manny?" Clara addressed him. "But I bet all the girls you bring home with you would feel uncomfortable, don't you think?" She winked at him. "Plus I have all the man I need in this fine specimen over here and I'm only ever bored if he is not around," she said with an incline of her head towards me. I couldn't help but grin like an idiot at that part. She knows just the right things to say.

"Awe, you love birds are so cute!" Manny added. I'm pretty sure I noticed a trace of envy when he said that.

"So are you guys heading out? Bringing along any lady friends I should worry about Manny? Or maybe I should just join you, I'll just grab my bag and..."

"No!"

"No!"

Both Manny and I said at the same time. Clara looked suspiciously at us.

"What I mean is we are just gonna grab a couple of beers and watch the game..." I said trying to recover from that goof.

"...and gonna talk cars and sports and other guys' stuff, nothing to worry about. No girls, I promise." Manny picked up on my queue trying to make it sound uninteresting.

"Hmmm... OK, that sounds boring. You guys have fun!" Clara said.

"I'll just grab my wallet from upstairs and be right with you," I said to Manny, rushing up the stairs.

Although when I came back I could see Clara close to him whispering something so I focused on what they were saying, my wolf wanting to come to the surface again, feeling just as jealous as I was, no doubt.

"...I know you are working, and I know I can't stop you. So watch his back 'cause if he comes home hurt, I'll kill you both but I'll make sure to take my time with you!" Her eyes flashed gold at that last part and I felt like an idiot.

Here I am worrying about what they might be talking about behind my back, only to find out Clara saw through the entire rouse, because she is that smart, which I already knew of course, and she is actually worried about me. This is kind of sweet and makes me feel like an ass for feeling jealous a few seconds ago.

So I take a couple of steps back then start going downstairs like I just came from the bedroom.

*Author's Note

  If you like my writing style, check out the other 2 books I'm working on at the same time on my profile. The subjects are different but I think you'll like them. And the update timetable is identical to this one.  

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).