Part 4

"Yeah Vincent, I know the history lesson" he replied but Vincent's comment was rather intended for their "body guarding-friends" who he noticed where listening intently.

"Sorry Peter, go on please!"

"As I was saying, it has some degree of reasoning as no children were ever involved, while at the same time, there is no discrimination between young or old victims, nor does it have any racial or sexual preference." He continued.

"Isn't that great! A politically correct assailant." Vincent said ironically. "At least there were no traces left in any of the cases. Thank God for that!"

"True! So how do we proceed? Same as last time?" Peter asked.

"Agreed. We will each talk to our neighbors to close down the borders. Recent advances in human technology and wide scale use of surveillance has made it even easier for us to act. Our 'friends' from the government will be happy to help as always and I will add a few keywords to the current CIA threat detection algorithm which will only raise flags that make sense to us and we go from there."

"I'll get in touch with my contacts from the other races and see if they heard anything." Peter added.

"Very good. Meanwhile Peter, check out those two girls coming over from the bar. Judging from their uniforms, typical half naked – half dressed attire, I think they work here."

"Oh my, they do look provocative. Especially the blonde. Guys let them through, they look and feel harmless." Peter said in the same tone, but obviously talking to Manny and Kyra, who nodded understanding from where they were.

While the blonde woman had a certain easiness about her, and would be considered by most as good-looking, Vincent was more interested in the young redhead. He was thinking she barely looked of legal age to work there.

"Evening gentlemen, I'm Marla and this is Cassie" the blonde greeted them. "Ron, the manager is very happy to see you and asked us to keep you entertained tonight." She continued in a sweet voice. Maybe a little too sweet for his liking.

"Welcome girls, care for some drinks?" Peter asked them.

"I'll have a Gin and Tonic and for my friend a Sex on the Beach cocktail." Marla answered Peter.

"Does your friend have a voice?" Vincent asked a little annoyed by Cassie's silence. It almost seemed like she didn't want to be there and for some strange reason he felt like getting a blanket around her shoulders and bringing her a hot coco instead of the cocktail her colleague ordered for her.

"I do! Nice to meet you!" she said smiling shyly and holding out her hand towards him.

"Same! Have a seat Cassie!" Vincent answered, taking her hand and guiding her to the empty spot next to him. Marla had already picked the seat next to Peter and was batting her eyelashes at him, talking trivial stuff like the weather and what he did for a living and what kind of car he drove and so on. He really didn't like the woman.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).