Part 4

Playing on your fear of... well everything, may not seem fair but the alternative is a force-feed and I'm pretty sure that would be even scarier for you young one, he thought.

"I..., I don't want to be put to sleep again," she said honestly, playing with her hands.

So Vincent got up and slowly headed to the kitchen cart, picked up a plate, a knife and a fork and cut himself a big slice of the steak. He noticed she had stood up and was watching him intently, the noise of the cutlery probably reminding her of how hungry she really was. He cut a piece from his slice and started eating, trying to do normal, pleasurable sounds, like one would do when enjoying the food they are having. After that, he placed the plate down and moved to his chair.

"I'm not going to leave this time. I believe the grass is sufficiently fertilized," he said with a chuckle and winked at her. "But I will leave after you have eaten enough."

She hesitantly started moving towards the cart, and once there she picked up a knife and a fork and looked at the food on the table. After a couple of seconds she picked up Vincent's plate, removed his fork and knife and went back to her spot and started eating.

He couldn't believe how paranoid she was. As if the rest of the steak could have been dosed with some sleeping powder or some such, while keeping his side free of it.

Again he stood and went to the kitchen cart, picked up a wine glass and poured for himself, then headed back to the Mk Armchair.

"This red wine is excellent, and being at room temperature as any red wine should, really brings out the flavor." Telling her that there was no actual alcohol in the wine special mix would have just sounded suspicious, so he kept that to himself.

She went to the table and poured herself a glass as well and tasted it, her expression letting him know the blood in the mix was really appealing to her taste buds (definitely something vampire-ish about her).

Grerrarr... her stomach rumbled. She looked at him embarrassed for a moment, than longingly at the rest of the steak.

Vincent got up and headed for the food cart – big mistake – she jumped back and went all the way back near the wall. Cursing at himself quietly, he kept going, got the other plate and cut himself yet another slice of the steak from the opposite end. Ate some of it and placed the plate with the rest back on the table. Then headed back to the chair.

That time she ignored his plate and placed the entire meat steak on her plate, then moved back to the wall and started eating.

Eventually, he slowly got up and went for the exit. She followed him with her eyes all the way to the door and as he was about to close it, Vincent heard her whisper:

"Thank you!"

*Author's Note

Many thanks for thereads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).