Part 2

He continued to his office.

"Good morning Mr. Gray! Tea?"

"Morning Sam! Yes, please! As usual. Also contact Manny and Karl and have them report to my office a.s.a.p. and when you come with the tea, bring your PDA with the schedule for the day and I hope you have your impressions written down of how your phone calls went."

"Of course, sir! Right away!" Sam answered.

Vincent went to his desk in the main office, turned the seat around and sat looking out the window, doing an eyes-opened focusing exercise.

"Morning Manny," he said suddenly.

"OK, where is the damn hidden camera? How the hell did you do that? I left my shoes at the door and was holding my breath! I'm 100% sure I made zero noise coming in."

"Aaah maybe true, but your presence is larger than life!" Vincent answered him.

"Why, thank you... Oh, wait... was that a compliment?" Manny asked back.

"Not exactly?" Vincent mock-asked him. "Leon, care to enlighten us what Manny did wrong?" He addressed Manny's beast.

"Good morning, Vincent! Well if I were in your position, on the chair by the window I mean, I would have been able to hear someone in the antechamber where Sam is now working on the tea maker machine, then I would pay attention since the steps suddenly stopped, I would pick on the heartbeat of the person, even if it was slowed down due to not breathing. And also people have a scent, be they human or other; everyone has a scent, which can't be covered even if you just showered." Leon said in his familiar raspy voice.

"But Vincent is not a werecat or any kinda of were. He can't do that. Right?" Manny asked looking at his boss/friend.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" Vincent smirked at him.

"Asking. Well?"

"Well I don't sleep in a tree, no offence Leon..."

"None taken, I like trees, you like beds." Leon answered.

"So I'm not a werecat," he said pausing.

"Other kind of were? Super hearing?" Manny kept prodding.

"Leon, what other options are there?" Vincent asked again.

"Well for options we have instinct, spatial awareness, aura sensing, magic, and always the extra." Leon said.

"Manny, any idea what Leon means with extra?"

"Ohm, not really?"

"Leon, enlighten your weaker half please" Vincent said winking at him/them.

"HEEY! I'm not WEAK!!!"

"Whenever you have a list of things you know, there is always at least one more thing you haven't accounted for, either from not knowing or not realizing it's relevant."

"I would say Lion – 1 and Manny – 0."

"Humph" Manny puffed. "So which one is it, how did you do it?" He is a persisting cat, isn't he? Vincent thought.

"OK so from now on I think I will talk to Leon for ideas and just let you do the footwork," Vincent said, deflecting the question by aggravating him further.

"Why you little..." his eyes flashed gold, fists clenched and he turned around and stormed out of the office.

OK I may have gone a little overboard there. Maybe I should apologize to him next time we meet.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for thereads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).